[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /adv/, I'm thinking of moving out of home (22 year old,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1400467607102.gif (2MB, 235x180px) Image search: [Google]
1400467607102.gif
2MB, 235x180px
So /adv/, I'm thinking of moving out of home (22 year old, live with parents). I can get myself a room with wi-fi, my own bathroom and shit.

My problem is, I'm not used to cooking my own food or washing/ironing my own clothes, and I wanna move within 2 weeks. How do I get ready for this shit?

For reference, I'll have around $527 a month AFTER taxes and fixed fees (gym membership, private health insurance, monthly rent of $200).

I'm from a "developing country" that uses USD so shit is either the same price or slightly cheaper than in America.
>>
>>17695717
At whatever your local equivalent of Walmart is, or a street market, buy a cheap set of pots and pans. You need little more than a big pot, a small pot and a frying pan. Ditto a cheap set of dishes and cutlery.

Google "cooking for beginners" for leads to websites and books

Take your dirty clothes, sheets and towels to a laundromat once a week. Virtually nothing really needs ironing.
>>
>wants to move out on a whim
>despite not knowing how to do anything for himself
>>
It always seems so odd to me how people don't know how to do these things. I mean, because it's not like that complicated of an affair.

But I would say the best way as far as the cooking would probably be to think of the best meal that is also the easiest to make for all three meals... for example, for me that would be oatmeal and a banana for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch, and a stir fry for dinner.

Oatmeal & Banana:
Oats in a bowl. Enough water (google). Microwave. Banana.

Sandwich:
Meat. Cheese? Lettuce? Tomato? Mustard? etc.

Stir fry:
Put a pan on medium high heat and put half a chopped onion in there, with half a chopped bell pepper and half a chopped tomato. Whatever else you want. Carrots. Potatoes. Then add some ground beef or turkey when the other stuff is reasonably done. It helps immensely to cover the frying pan while it's cooking, in fact this way you can even do it without oil if you just add some water to it (not a lot) so that it's steaming.
From longest cook time to shortest cook time...
Celery > Potatoes > Carrots > Broccoli/Asparagus/Cauliflower > Meat > Greens like lettuce or spinach

Anyway um yeah otherwise find stuff to snack on and you're set.

Laundry is super easy... as for ironing watch one youtube tutorial and you've got it.
>>
>>17695785

(continued)

I meant to say pick 3 things for your meals that are relatively easy but you also like them and then basically repeat them until you are sick of them. By that time maybe you'll be able to figure out how to make something else.
>>
>>17695785
>potatoes
>salad greens
>in a stirfry
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.