[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I convince my psychiatrist that I actually need some sort

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (544KB, 640x455px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
544KB, 640x455px
How do I convince my psychiatrist that I actually need some sort of more thorough therapy and that toying about with pills and listening to him ramble on for 45 minutes once a month isn't enough?
>>
>>17695673
Get a new therapist. If you don't feel like you're being helped in a way that benefits you then you shouldn't be giving them your money.
>>
>>17695679
>>17695673
Alternatively maybe therapy isn't what you need but medication. Therapy will always be mostly talking and discussing things. Sometimes this helps people work things out especially loners.

Never worked for me but my issues are probably different from the run-of-the-mill considering my life is pretty grand. (not to brag) Medication helped though and I genuinely feel so much better.
>>
>>17695679
I can't switch, free health care doesn't work that way. They picked me a psychiatrist because they thought I needed one, and if I switch to a private clinic I'll have to pay for it myself and they might not approve of it.

>>17695683
What pill will make me like sex?
>>
>>17695673
Don't convince him. Fire him.

You're the consumer. Therapy is the product. If he doesn't provide a satisfactory product, shop elsewhere.

It is EXACTLY the same as if you went to a barber who gave lousy haircuts.
>>
>>17695693
Even in a free care system you can go back to the people who assigned this shrink and ask to be transferred because he isn't working out. You may have to insist, and demand to talk to someone higher up, but it can be done.
>>
>>17695781
They assigned him to me because he has previous experience with patients like me.

>>17695790
The people who have assigned him to me are currently trying to pretend to not have noticed HIS letter to THEM greenlighting me to carry on with the treatments to my original problem. They have neither the will nor the resources to help me, and I am too stressed and exhausted and busy to go get treatments abroad.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.