[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I might get meme'd into getting therapy, and I'm asking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: omar-mateen-10.jpg (26KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
omar-mateen-10.jpg
26KB, 540x720px
I might get meme'd into getting therapy, and I'm asking you for what I should expect from it.

Here's some background info:
>22 virgin
>overweight
>locked myself in my room for nearly 3 years (age 19-21)
>has practically no friends at all
>has a bit of money

What should I expect? How long until I an hero?
>>
> get a shrink
> ask for wellbutrin (or another drug that increases norepinephrine and dopamine)
> do nofap (it works i fucking promise)
> leave your comfort zone ONCE per day, no matter what. No matter how small, it's up to you to determine what counts.
> Now that you're on drugs and doing nofap and are getting used to leaving your comfort zone, approach groups of people that seem cool. Inbroduce yourself, if they don't seem like your people, *next*, if they do? Great, get contact info.

Therapy helps dude. Therapy + meds are great. Please find a psychiatrist, preferably a young male (women are fucking worthless and incapable of rational-logical thought.

Idk mane. Just my 2 cents. Hope this somehow helps you.
>>
Therapy is pretty good. It's only as effective as you make it though. You have to open up and speak your mind with your therapist. Take some time to get comfortable with them.
>>
May help you, may not. Regardless, I'd say go for it and keep an open mind; it's more or less up to you what you get out of it.

I personally don't think therapy did much for me in the long run, but in the overall scheme of things I think it's good that I at last gave it, among a bunch of other things, a shot.

Try it. The best thing I can say is try to best to do something, anything every day. And even though you might be joking, just in case: don't an hero you fuck
>>
I just woke up and checked the thread, thank you for the advice guys. I appreciate it.
>>
Therapy can work very well but it's not a magical solution. Also the effectiveness of the therapy depends for a HUGE part on how well you get along with your therapist, how well they understand you, how much they buy into your bullshit etc. There's lots of therapists and not all of them are equally good. You are also working person with person so if your personalities don't match well that can work out negatively, too.

And as has been said, bring your A game. There's no point in going to therapy only to hide stuff or try to convince your therapist that nothing is ever your fault.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.