[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 19, turning 20 in April next year. I have only a GED,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1468674540015.png (175KB, 636x716px) Image search: [Google]
1468674540015.png
175KB, 636x716px
I'm 19, turning 20 in April next year. I have only a GED, having had to drop out of high school in 10th grade to take care of my dying grandparents. I have a horrible fear of failure, body image issues (I'm way overweight, though I'm working to lose it) and the associated self esteem issues, zero work experience, and can't go to college because my local colleges only offer shit liberal arts degrees and there's no way I'd be able to afford to move to a state or location where I can get a decent degree that'd be worth any debt.
How can I fix my life before it's too late?
>>
>>17694977
Dont go to college, get a trade. You will make more money and being an apprentice is a way more personal and rewarding experience. Plus you get paid to learn, not the other way around. There already isnt enough physical laborers and we will be able to charge whatever we want for our work. Im 23 and already a residential wireman, all my friends went to school and have a fuckload of debt and a shitty entry level job. I make the same if not more than them. Plus its a good feeling doing hard work, and it makes your body strong.
>>
>>17695153
90% of welding jobs will be done by robots by 2025 just fyi. Trades aren't always a great idea.
>>
>>17695161
But getting a degree that will be obsolete in less time is?
>>
>>17695161
Also, welding is only one trade. That still pays highly. Most manufacturing welding is already automated anyway. A robot can weld the same shit thousands of times a day on the same spots, it cannot weld hard to reach or specialty welds. I understand if you want to feel good about your being a part of the already crowded computer science or social work field though. Enjoy your debt homeboy.
>>
liberal arts degrees aren't shit, the wholistic education stance would be good for someone who doesn't know what they want yet
>>
>>17694977
>only offer shit liberal arts degrees

Do all your colleges ONLY offer shit degrees? I find that hard to believe

If that's the case, your best option are the trades. Just know it will be hard on your body and you generally cap out your salary and advancement fast. But you could make 100k welding or working on a oil rig. But one severe injury will put you out of a job.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.