[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

O find myself feeling kinda depressed. I can't tell you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

O find myself feeling kinda depressed. I can't tell you what's causing it, I just feel kinda empty, and unsatisfied with life. Somethings missing, there's some aspect of life I'm missing out on that I wish I wasn't, that much is for sure. I have no idea what though. Is there something specific I want to be doing? Is there just a general dissatisfaction with my dull and simple ways? Am I just miserable about being a little bitch when it comes to women? I honestly have no idea.
How do i deal with this? It isn't an unbearable feeling but it just kinda gets to you after a while
>>
File: 2deep4you.png (75KB, 820x321px) Image search: [Google]
2deep4you.png
75KB, 820x321px
it could be any number of things.

but with what little context we got, it just sounds like you're leading an unfulfilling life.

are you in school? are you in the work force?

are you actually building towards something greater or are you just living life as is indefinitely?
>>
>>17694644
In school for programming, work weekends at a shitty fast food job for gas money (live with parents, drive back and fourth to school everyday)

My best guess is my depression has to do with how my social anxiety limits me socially
>>
>>17694669

you mean how you limit yourself.
>>
>>17694693
Well how do i overcome?
>>
>>17694698

lets say you're afraid of something harmless, like butterflies.

what would you suggest doing?
>>
>>17694711
not op but surrounding yourself by butterflies?
I'm in same situation I'm trying to slowly make myself more social but not sure really how to. I have to make some sort of meaningful connection with another person boy or girl otherwise I will not be able to continue on in this world, the loneliness has made me feel so hollow.
>>
>>17694711
Simply just sucking it up and interacting with butterflies?
>>
>>17694523
I'm not surprises, you're listening to Alestorm
>>
>>17694726
>>17694727

exactly. you have to remember that social interaction is harmless.

most of the 'consequences' of a 'failed' interaction are in your own head.

yes, theres a moment of awkwardness or feeling bad if the other person is rude. but then thats it. its over. being afraid of social interaction is like being afraid of getting a shot.

hurts for a second, then its over and no one gives a fuck.

and remember there are no 'failed' interactions. if an alpha chad social genius went out and talked to every stranger they saw they'd get a lot of people just wanting to be left alone.

your worth isn't determined by the number of people you attract or even the kind of people you attract, but rather what you do with those relationships.
>>
>>17694726
With me part of them problem is actively socializing is such a foreign concept to me.

Like, I spent most of my life just kinda sitting around waiting for things to happen. All my friends I've met by pure chance, same with the hobbies I've developed.

However being in college, it's such a big place, so many people. It's honestly impossible to make friends if you don't go out of your way. That method that kept me satisfied throughout my public school days isn't enough anymore.

I just... I just don't know how to meet people. is it weird to say hi to the people sitting beside me in the library? Why does walking up to someone new and talk to them feel so intrusive? Where do college kids even find time for fun?

Jesus christ why do i have to overthink so much
>>
>>17694736

becuase you're nervous. its okay to say hi. its okay to ask follow up questions.

you need to stop thinking of yourself as inherently bad or a burden, cuz thats wahts going on here. you are nervous that your presence is offensive. even if some people think it is, it is your birth right to live, to co exist, and to talk to people.
>>
>>17694757
THIS. I wish all anons could read this. You just have to drill it into your head that you matter just as much as everyone else (that is, you don't matter that much at all. But don't fret! That means there's no pressure!) and that you're not doing anything wrong by trying to socialize and relate to people.
>>
>>17694757
>>17694764

So what would a good place to start with all this. then?
>>
>>17694768

i dont know. i dont know you. ideally you should try interests groups that appeal to your itnerests. i use meetup.com met new friends at anime parties, dodgeball, etc.

its equal parts trying things you like and trying things new.

but ive managed to make new friends just by talking to people on the bus. you can talk to people anywhere. dont have an endgame. just talk. find out if they;re WORTH being friends with.
>>
>>17694774
I guess that makes sense.

I'd be lying if I said something about this feels crazy overwhelming for some reason. I think this just shows i have lots of me work to do before I can even hope to function like a normal human bean.
>>
>>17694774
oh I also should of brought up. I've been in counselling since september because my anxiety issues were getting in he way of my school and I needed a bunch of help from a professional to manage it.

I'm still pretty shit, the only reason I'm feeling kinda ok right now is because I got extensions on a bunch of shit.
>>
>>17694838

you mean YOU were getting in the way of school.
>>
File: MeaningOfLife.png (832KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MeaningOfLife.png
832KB, 1920x1080px
always remember: Happyness is not the meaning of life.
>>
>>17695917
What pseudo-intellectual bullshit. Every 14-years old fedora wearing neckbeard can come up with this. Nihilism just doesnt take much intelligence to understand. By the way your opinion and the image contradict themselves. If we have nothing to live for, the pursuit of happyness is just the next logical step.
>>
>>17695942
>What pseudo-intellectual bullshit. Every 14-years old fedora wearing neckbeard can come up with this. Nihilism just doesnt take much intelligence to understand.

how does that make it wrong? Its nowhere implied that it takes much intelligence to understand? What kind of counter argument is that?

>If we have nothing to live for, the pursuit of happyness is just the next logical step.

i have a fulfilled live, the best job i could wish for, beautiful girlfriend, some awesome friends, a neat hobby. everythings fine. except, well, it isn't. because happyness isn't everything.
>>
>>17694757
>you need to stop thinking of yourself as inherently bad or a burden, cuz thats wahts going on here. you are nervous that your presence is offensive.
not OP but this really spoke to me. I have big problems with this, I constantly feel inferior to everybody else. Started going to a shrink last week and he says we'll work on that, hopefully it'll actually be helpful.
>>
>>17695917
the question whether there is a meaning to life is absurd
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.