[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So after dating for two months, I told my girlfriend we needed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1449789311433.jpg (81KB, 554x390px) Image search: [Google]
1449789311433.jpg
81KB, 554x390px
So after dating for two months, I told my girlfriend we needed to slow down a bit. I like her, I do, and I want to continue dating her, but she got way too attached way too fast, and she is aware of this. Without going into too much detail, her homelife isn't great and she has some mental things she's working through. Those aren't what made me think we needed to slow down, but it was her constantly being over at my apartment, talking about the future, etc. I told her all of this last and she just kinda shut down, hasn't really spoken to me since.

She said she wants to continue dating. Since this is my first relationship, I'm really trying to adjust to it. I've always loved my alone time and needed it, something I've been trying to convey to her. It doesn't mean I don't want to see her, but there are days, I come home from work and just want to be alone. I don't know why she took this so badly (though I think she's also been bothered by other stuff), so I don't know what to do her. I was completely honest and upfront with her.
>>
Take it from somebody who moved in with a girl after three months, it's always a mistake. I still love her but the pressure of being together every day was insane. My partner was similarly dealing with her own emotional issues and we thought moving in with me would help– it did the opposite.

Spending lots of time together should always be a gradual thing; the desire to spend every minute with a person you love is very real but in the early stages of a relationship it's very important to adjust, gradually, to each others rhythms and boundaries.

Explain that your decision was made because you believe it's best for the both of you, stay in contact and communicate patiently with her. If she's sensible, she'll understand and hopefully your relationship can continue to grow at a healthier pace.
>>
She has a glass ego and translated "I need my space" to "please get away from me. I'm done with what I needed from you, you whore."

It's partly your fault. At some point you're going to need to hang out with a girl all the time (married life). You're going to have to MAN UP and accept that you're going to need to sacrifice your time if a woman is going to give up her pussy.

Either way, I don't know why you needed to crash her illusion about pretending to play Happy Family for a little bit. She needed you as a rock, bro.
>>
>>17693765

I truly believe it was made for the better. I need my space, she probably needs some space, I just am still adjusting to a lot of things.

>>17693766

Well now I just feel awful. She said she still wants to try and I do too, I just don't know what to say to her. I wasn't dating her for the sex, I just wanted the genuine connection, which I believe we do have, but she was just moving a bit too fast for me right now, which is why I want to straighten this out now so that she and I can be rock solid in the future.
>>
>>17693804
>I truly believe it was made for the better. I need my space, she probably needs some space, I just am still adjusting to a lot of things.
You're making a sensible choice, friend.
>>
>>17693765
This x9000
>>
>>17693731
How old are you both?
How often was she in your house?
>>
>>17693838

I'm 23, she's 21.

She was probably here 5-7 days a week, spending nights and stuff.
>>
>>17693804
>I made a decision for the better
Only genuine fuckfaces try to make decisions for other people "for the better". As you can see, it sure as hell doesn't seem better.

>straighten this out now so that she and I can be rock solid in the future.
The future is you two hanging out all the time. "Taking it slow and adjusting" is how someone should treat the culture shock of moving from Idaho to Tokyo. Your damn brain is hard-wired for long term relationships. No adjustment needed. Life's going to throw crazier shit your way than an overly attached woman, so start bracing your ability to adapt on the fly.
>>
>>17693862
And you live alone in the house?
Well I think that if you were crazy in love with her,you wouldn't mind her being there with you. But also,you are young enough to live with a woman together. Just tell her that you prefer for now to enjoy more the dates and all those things that you will really miss them when you get older,and later you can live together too. Also,you could tell her that you can sleep together maybe 1-2 nights per week, for example weekends or whatever you prefer. But explain her that you do it for both of you. For the future of your relationship. If I were you I would invite her home now that it is weekend,so she will be happy for inviting her,then explain all these etc etc
>>
>>17693864

I'm not disagreeing, but the pacing right now was just too fast right now. It's only been two months.

>>17693878

I do live alone, besides my cat. The 1-2 times a week wouldn't be bad, but she just kinda isn't in a great state of mind right now to talk sense into. I think I need to give her some time atm.
>>
>>17693893
I think so, but when you are going to do the talk,I think the best is to invite her to your house,so she will come happy and calmer for the talk.when you invite her don't tell that you want to talk,just tell her that you missed her (not for sex)
>>
>>17693893
I think its more than her just spending lots of time with you. It sounds like she is emotionally DRAINING to be with. She probably is relying on your for a ton of emotional support, which a person can only give so much of in certain span of time.

Im sure if you're girlfriend was a little more emotionally sound, her being over 3-5 days a week wouldn't both you so much. At that point, s[spoiler][/spoiler]he would be content to be "alone" while in your company, which is the goal for most healthy couples.

I suggest talking to her about getting a therapist or a group of friends so you aren't her only source of emotional support! Once she's happier, I'm sure you'll appreciate her company much more~
>>
>>17693912

The thing is, she already has a therapist. Most of her friends are scattered, so it really feels like I'm all she has. I won't lie, it is very emotionally draining, and I have my own stuff to deal with, but I want her to get better. I just don't know that I can truly help her with all of that.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.