[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there such a thing as functional alcoholism? I've been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Is there such a thing as functional alcoholism?

I've been drinking every day -- 4-5 drinks a day -- for the past week.

I'm not getting into detail, but it's a rough breakup -- yadee yada.

Anyway, am I on a wrong to self-destruction? Or can I sustain this life, to make it truly bearable for the time being?
>>
(Non sarcastic tone) What do you think?
>>
>>17693033
I think I'm young. I'm healthy. I like the feeling. But I'm just wondering if it's possible to live life like this?

To get a few things out of the way. I'm Native American -- we're basically alcoholics from the get. Is there any point?
>>
Enjoy getting fat and pissing money away
>>
>>17693037
I think you're just as qualified to answer this as anyone else.

What do you imagine life as a functional alcoholic would look like?
>>
There is such a thing as a functional alcoholic, I used to live with one. He worked nights and would basically take a shot before, during, and after work every night on his shift as a golf cart security guard. We discovered his room full of piss jars and garbage one day when he finally gave up the game of not letting us see inside for what he was hiding.

I have a problem myself and it is a path of self-destruction if you make a big habit of it. If you can keep it pretty moderated it's shouldn't be a big issue. One rule I have is never to drink any time other than after everything's done for the day and there's nothing to immediately get up for in the morning. Otherwise I'll have tea.
>>
>>17693059
I'd imagine it'd be pretty moderated -- but then it wouldn't actually be alcoholism then would it.

>>17693060
Fair enough. I didn't think about that. I've just been enjoying the feeling as much as I could until responsibilities catch up to me. I'm in a hiatus right now -- in-between jobs, new place, new friends, recently broken up, etc. So I'm kind of riding along without thinking -- that is, until now when I made this thread.
>>
>>17693070
Yeah it creeps up on you.

I see myself wanting to buy the cheapest most alcoholic beer and wine I can find in the grocery store and I'm kind of disgusted with myself because I've made a habit of it.

People recognize me as that guy who comes in at 12 or 1 all the time and buys cheap beer beer and I'm somewhat ashamed of myself.
>>
>>17693083
12 or 1 in the morning*
>>
>>17693083
But it's entirely possible, right?

My town is mostly made of up alcoholics anyway. So I don't really care about my reputation that much, in that regard.

I was just wondering, so long as I keep it at bay, could I enjoy the being drunk everyday without much consequence
>>
>>17693083
And honestly, I'm starting to do that too. I've stopped by this one liquor store almost every night to buy hard liquor. And my roommates are starting to suspect it. They're my really good friends -- though they haven't said anything yet about my drinking.
>>
>TFW i'm turning 21 Monday.
>>
>>17693093
I'm sure you could for a while with no consequences.

Try not to look at genetic factors and other stuff to take the blame off though. Just saying like if there's a problem that should be solved like you want to get over a breakup or something then put that at the top of the priority list.

Happiest times of my life I haven't felt like drinking at all except for outings with people. Now I'm unemployed and I feel like drinking all the time to break up the monotony of sitting at home but there's hope for a new job right now so you do what you can.
>>
>>17693030
I knew someone who would drink himself into a stupor almost every night but be totally clear-headed and functional at work the next morning. He hid it from the world successfully for years, until it caught up with him through health problems - and then everyone was amazed to discover his secret. (I and a very few others knew it all along but couldn't stop him.)
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.