[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 22 without a college degree and still live at home with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Crimson-King.jpg (27KB, 250x385px) Image search: [Google]
Crimson-King.jpg
27KB, 250x385px
I'm 22 without a college degree and still live at home with my mother, what should I do? I'm thinking of going to community college then transferring to a university for a STEM related degree or becoming a farmer but I can't find any direction. Any suggestions?
>>
University is a shit meme.
All it does is put you in debt.

Find training in something practical.
Look into your region about apprenticeships.
If not, try a technical school into something like plumbing, electrical work, wood working, etc.

Whatever you do, take a path that has a direct end
>>
>>17692458
Consider trade school. If you're considering farming, you prob like hands on work

I'd also rec getting some part time jobs, volunteering, and doing research to figure out what degree you want in STEM. The ones that are generally worth it are engineering, so you need to ask yourself if you like math. You could also do accounting for non-STEM. Either way, are your parents paying off for it? If so, you most likely won't accumulate lots of debt if you stay in-state and CC
>>
>>17692466
I'm interested in wood working and craftsmanship but I'm also interested in finance. Have you heard of Chris Gardner? He started his own stockbrokerage firm. I think that's worth looking into as well.
>>
>>17692477
Be ambitious after you have a foundation.

The bottom line is finding a path that has a guaranteed career at the end.

Stuff like apprenticeship and technical/trade schools generally do
>>
>>17692458
Education is always the BEST career move that one can make. The reality is that we all aren't underachieving bill gates. Some of us need the system to reach our highest potential. The argument that university gets you in debt is true, but at the same time you make ~1 million more than average in earning a degree. So anyone who understands the time value of money realizes that education is the key to your greatest investment.
>>
>>17692477
>I'm also interested in finance

Then do accounting. You can get an internship about 2 years in. You can get a job anywhere. Pay is good with nearly guaranteed promotions, increasing your salary up to 100k. It's also practical. If you go to a CC and if your parents pay off for a lot of it, you won't go into much debt at all
>>
>>17692488
Why should I do accounting? How will that help my with my career as an investor?
>>
>>17692498
Why not? If you want to invest and start your own firm, having financial knowledge will be needed. You will understand laws that go into finance and you'll be able to better understand the monetary resources that go into a company and how it should be allocated. One of the biggest hurdles for people trying to create firms or businesses is that they don't know where their money is going and if they are making profit. Having an accounting degree will help that. Get that degree while reading books on investing and economics. I don't even think you need to go to college to be a decent investor. And investing as a career involves lots of risk, having an accounting degree serves as a comfortable backup
>>
>>17692488
> you can get an internship about 2 years in
What am I doing wrong?
I'm doing accounting and haven't even gotten an internship let alone a job. The people I know who have gotten placements or jobs got them through family.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.