[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the opposite of having anxiety? And I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: hello-my-name-is-anxiety.png (73KB, 1127x711px) Image search: [Google]
hello-my-name-is-anxiety.png
73KB, 1127x711px
What's the opposite of having anxiety?
And I don't mean like the healthy opposite I mean the extreme opposite of it ,like you just don't give a fuck about anyone or anything and just have an "oh well" attitude all the time?
What's the name to that disorder?
>>
Sociopathy?
>>
>>17692283
Apathy? Catatonia?
>>
Depression.

People often think that depression is feeling sad and crying all the time.

In reality, it feels like nothing.
>>
>>17692367
But a lot of times don't people have both anxiety and depression?
>>
Negative fucks given. Thats non technical tho
>>
Or not caring. It exists, and in certain ways is highly detrimental
>>
>>17692377
Depends on the situation.

Some people are anxious in certain scenarios (e.g. being in public or with strangers).
Others are anxious all the time.

If you have social anxiety then depression is possible outside of social environments

If someone is anxious all the time, then they cannot have depression as depression means having "depressed" emotions.
>>
>>17692283
>What's the opposite of having anxiety?

It's called vitamin deficiency.
Brain can't function properly without the ingredients it needs.
>>
>>17692338
So far I think apathy is the most fitting word but is there such a thing as "apathy disorder"
>>
>>17692416
http://www.healthline.com/health/affective-disorders
>>
>>17692367
This is not true. Depression is the lack of healthy optimism and you feel it. When I'm paying attention I can notice it creeping up before even having a depressive thought, feels like all my other thoughts are curving downward, less hopeful. Your mind beating itself up all the time then gradually makes you emotionally blunted where something that should make you happy makes you less happy. But if there's not that sadness creeping up randomly it's just fatigue, or apathy.

>>17692416
It's not a disorder it's a symptom, it can be caused by a lot of things, being mentally unhealthy is not like viruses where there's a strain of this or that, so you're not gonna find anything like a cure. Try not to waste time diagnosing, I mean they do help you understand your mental patterns but at the end of the day we're all crazy and it's your own job to fix yourself.
>>
>>17692686
>Depression is the lack of healthy optimism and you feel it.
That's wrong and an unhealthy perspective.

Depression isn't a "lack of optimism".
It's a lack of anything.
It's an emptiness.
It's feeling like doing anything isn't going to be worth anything.
>>
narcissistic personality disorder
>>
>>17692691
Yeah I agree with most of that and I'd say we're just describing it in different ways, but it's not nothing...and I can't underscore that enough. Yeah when you get stuck in bed feeling like your limbs can't move and nothing is worth anything, that's "emptiness". But your mind knows something's up, the feeling of dread is why depressed people are desperate to seek out help and in the worst cases want to commit suicide if it gets bad. Like fatigue is bad too but I don't really call it a serious medical condition.
>>
>>17692803
I think we're both talking about the same thing.

When I said "Nothing" I meant a feeling of emptiness. Like "Why bother?"

People often talk about depression like it's obvious.
Like you know when you have it.
In reality, it sneaks up on you. You don't know it's there until you realize it's been weeks since you left the house.

Like when you sleep 10 hours a day and think that's OK. That's depression.
When you think going out to buy food once a week is admirable, that's depression.
When you think talking to your parents once a month and saying everything is OK, that's depression
>>
>>17692823
damn. spot on.
>>
>>17692386
Kek, idiot detected.

Depression and anxiety can and often do coexist. Consult a DSM.
>>
>>17692823
I've had those times where I didn't know if I had it or not, where I'd sleep all day, function on an "okay" level for the rest of the day then still able to kind of socialize with friends and go out, if they text me. But then at a different point I had to experience times where I shut down totally, thoughts racing about why life is so cruel, why it had to be me, why there has to be any pain in the world at all, why can't I figure this out, I guess this is what happened to me, why should I expect anyone to care, I'm fucked, and this goes on and on until something forces me to leave the house. Now...both of these situations are bad, bad things to happen to someone and if you even think you might have it that should be a sign something's gotta change. Maybe you have been where I've been, my hope is that you haven't. I'm just saying my own experiences have changed how I feel about people using the word, like when someone brings it up my concern is not the first scenario but the second, making sure that never happens, making sure the person takes it really seriously and catch themselves.
>>
>>17692874
Good advice
>>17692873
I'll second this whole heartedly. They are partners in crime. My understanding is very close to the way anon above describes depression.

I think the anxiety comes in when you start heading up and out of the no feels low.You realise what a fuck up it is and begin worrying.
>>
>>17692686
I have gone through a period of intense depression and I will attest that at its worst it feels like absolutely nothing. It's almost like my brain was trying to protect itself from irreparable damage.
>>
>>17692283
You're describing sociopathy but that's not the opposite of anxiety.

The opposite of sociopathy is over confidence.
>>
>>17692386
>If someone is anxious all the time, then they cannot have depression as depression means having "depressed" emotions.
Where the fuck did you pull that from?
>>
>>17693696
*The opposite of anxiety
>>
>>17693696
The opposite of socipathy is empathy.
>>
>>17692283
You have depression.

And cancer.

Welcome to the club.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.