[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a very funny and witty person with a (very limited)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: hell_yeah_motherfucker.jpg (41KB, 640x308px) Image search: [Google]
hell_yeah_motherfucker.jpg
41KB, 640x308px
I'm a very funny and witty person with a (very limited) bunch of people with whom I'm feeling comfortable.

With 99% of people I'm the polar opposite though, just being a boring introvert saying nothing. Problem is I'm not just afraid of talking to them, but my mind is going blank and I have nothing funny or interesting to say anymore. I guess it's like not being able to piss when strangers are near : you want to but it just doesn't come out (I'm good with metaphors).

How can I tap more often in this charismatic persona of mine ? Being the shitty version of yourself almost all the time is quite unpleasant.

I realize it's like asking "how to be confident" so it's kind of a shitty question but who knows.
>>
>>17690937
You basically answered your own question. You stated that you are only yourself when you're around people you're comfortable with. This means that for everyone else, you are uncomfortable. This is not a "normal" trait. In general, people are just fine meeting new people, meshing into a variety of situations, etc. I suspect that perhaps you had limited social experiences while you were growing up. Awkward teen, not the popular guy in high school, not the outgoing sports guy, etc. Those experiences lend to a lot of peoples' ability to function in any social situation. If you weren't that person during your formative years, you weren't acclimated to those situations.

So to get over feeling uncomfortable around people you don't know very well, you just have to keep doing it. Force yourself into new situations all the time. Force conversations. Be the person who initiates conversation. Visit new places and social circles. If you're a nerd and into D&D or that kinda stuff, find a gaming store and go hang out there. Force yourself to make the first move on people.

As with all skills building, you just have to do it frequently.
>>
It's incredibly hard to be who you want to be when it feels as though the world is looking down at you because of it. The only real times that I'm able to do this, without the assistance of weed or alcohol, is when I'm with someone of the same nature. Most likely your best friend. Dunno how anyone could be treated like everything they do is wrong and actually manage to stay positive.

It's not a shitty question, though. Are you a guy?
>>
>>17690943
Can we not encourage this person to habituate themselves to being around people? it will be a total loss for both parties.
>>
>>17690943
Fucking siders, man. Really hate that "if it's not this, it's automatically that! There's only two sides to everything in life" mentality.

Look, just because someone is uncomfortable around the general public doesn't mean they were some recluse. What world do you live on where misfortune or aggression never happens to befall people? I'd really like to move there.

Sarcasm aside; most people learn not to keep touching a hot stove after the first burn. If what you're saying is that the majority of people go through life without ever "touching a hot stove" to learn what pain, or better yet what NOT to do, is, you're heavily deluded.
>>
>>17690957
That's a hell of a lot of projection there, buddy. OP never said he was burned or treated poorly. Just that he sucks at being a normie.
>>
dont be gay
>>
>>17690957
>>17690967
OP here. Never suffered from a particularly traumatic event. But I was always shy and 15 years lived without much social interactions took their toll.

>>17690943 seems pretty right, even though with my current social abilities I'm not sure the outcome of these new situations would be very reassuring. I still have in mind the time I did a one week sailing trip with strangers, that shit was PTSD inducing.
>>
>>17691312
Please elaborate on the sailing trip.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.