[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Diagnosed Asperger's >Family history of depression

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 98bc0f742e240b19d82350c80a047247.jpg (118KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
98bc0f742e240b19d82350c80a047247.jpg
118KB, 1024x768px
>Diagnosed Asperger's
>Family history of depression
>Periodic loss of agency: akin to akinetic mutism
>Akinetic mutism always coincides with insomnia and loss of libido
>Utter self-loathing

Seeking medical opinions and solutions

My best guess is high neuroplasticity coupled with depression led to post-natal malformation of the cingulate cortex. I believe medical marijuana may legitimately be of assistance if coupled with diet and exercise, but it's not available in my state.
>>
>>17689747
just smoke regular weed?
>>
>>17689747
>self-diagnosed cingulate cortex "malformation"
>throws around unnecessary words like post-natal, and out-of-place jargon like neuroplasticity

You're probably right about the aspergers (even then it got swallowed by ASD and doesn't exist anymore) though.
Read any book by Barbara Arrowsmith-Young. "The Girl who Changed her Brain" will do. Stop the pseudo-intellectual conjecture, it's literally bad for your health.
>>
>>17689825
This would imply knowledge of how to obtain it. Somehow I feel like walking up to strangers in back alleys and saying "I have $100 cash on me, do you sell weed?" is a bad idea.
>>
>>17689842
The old "I have a mental illness... Drugs will help xD" meme. The only person I know with autism is treated with methyl phenidate, which has the opposite effects in terms of mindfulness as marijuana.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance
>>
>>17689839
third year surgery resident here
this
>>
>>17689839
Having nothing better to do with my time, I'll address everything here individually

>Unnecessary words: post-natal
I found this word necessary because I don't believe I was born with the disorder. It has gotten progressively worse as I've aged.

>Out-of-place jargon: neuroplasticity
Asperger's has been attributed to increased neuroplasticity. I don't think this is out of place at all, as an increase in neuroplasticity could lead to reorganization of neurons in any part of the brain - including the limbic system

>Pseudo-intellectual conjecture
My conjecture is based on speaking to medical professionals and scouring three medical textbooks and spending weeks researching my symptoms. I may not be a medical professional, but I feel safe saying the "pseudo-" was not justified there

>It's bad for your health
Maybe. The more I come up with chemical or mechanical causes of my emotions the more helpless I feel to control them, exacerbating the loss of agency.

>>17689849
Thank you for that information. I'm not a doctor and only was interested in medical marijuana because in researching the long-term effects I found that it affects memory, mood, and motivation -- all of which are suffering in me. I'll look into methyl phenidate, though
>>
>>17689849
Researching methylphenidate, I don't think it's for me.

>You should not use methylphenidate if you have:
>a personal or family history of tics or Tourette's syndrome
>severe anxiety, tension, or agitation

>Consult a doctor if you have:
>High blood pressure
>A family history of heart disease
>Depression

It looks like methylphenidate is more for ADHD and less for autism. Although I don't feel like the episodes I'm describing in the first post are wholly explained by autism alone.
>>
>>17689858
>word pedantry
Sure think, kid. You're basing your entire hypothesis on an intuition that sprang from some biased research. I can't dispel that and keep a cool head. Rather than argue the toss, I urge you to get a MRI scan. See your cingulate cortex in all it's malformed glory and prove me wrong ( or get your theory blown the fuck out of the water :^) )
>>
>>17689747
Try meditation. It gets you more into your body and out your being inside the head habits. Helps calm the mind. For 15 mins. a day.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.