[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Its my birthday next week!!11!!" >"Oh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: its hard to swallow.png (178KB, 322x404px) Image search: [Google]
its hard to swallow.png
178KB, 322x404px
>"Its my birthday next week!!11!!"
>"Oh cool, how old are you gonna be?"
>"18"
>"Ah yeah, I'll be 19 in a couple months"
>"ohh-wait what? I thought you older than that"
>turning 21 in two months
Where did the time go, /adv/?
>>
i find it hilarious when people who just turned 20 or 21 think they have a concept of lost time. you barely left the starting line son.
>>
>>17689444
>People should feel how they seem relative to my position
What is it like to have zero introspection
>>
>>17689625
To be fair, teenagers and twenty somethings have zero introspection as to how young they really are. Average life expectancy is pretty high in 21st century first world countries
>>
>>17689444
>>17690434
I don't think it's that they're realizing lost time, they're just realizing for the first time that they're not gonna be young forever.
>>
>"Its my birthday next week!!11!!"
>...
>"18"
>...
>...
>turning 20 two months
Where did my friends go, /adv/?
>>
>>17689433
>>17689444

I'm 25 and only just hitting this point of feeling like i'm getting on in years and really need to speed my success along. 20/21 is still really young but you never realise that until you're older, to me now 20 is basically the start of adulthood, you have just begun, so many years of partying/enjoying life ahead of you, just don't waste it and you won't have that "where did the time go" feeling because you will have valuable memories to tie these years together.
>>
>>17690488
no matter what you do you will end up with a "where did the time go" feeling

it's simple math, the average life expectancy is around 80 years old, so by the time you're 20 a quarter of your life is already gone and you still dont feel like an adult
>>
>>17690500

Not really, it depends on if you're satisfied in life, you don't see people freaking out when they're truly happy with what they have achieved and what they have.

Yes at 20 a quarter of your life is gone but 10 of those years are mostly forgettable, and the other 10 are spent developing your personality into who you will likely remain for the rest of your life. 20 is really where real "life" begins, nothing to regret because you've only just started.
>>
>>17690508
no i totally agree with you, no one accomplishes anything substantial in their first 10 years, but in reality that's 1/10th of your life, which is why so many people feel tremendous pressure in their 20's and 30's. when you're 10 you think you're going to live forever and 10% of your life is already over, you just don't realize this shit until you're in your 20's and its even worse
>>
>>17690520

Yeah I guess I just never really thought about it this way, if anything I think the opposite, for example if you look at your life now and how long it feels like you have lived imagine getting to do it all over again to reach the same point you're at... that's essentially making it to 40, which is still pretty young in this day and age.
>>
>>17690520
>>17690527

But also in saying that I feel like I have lived a very long time already and knowing it's only a quarter of the way through (hopefully) to me sounds pretty good. Glass half full I guess.
>>
>>17690527
I think this way too, im 25 now and it bothers me to think in 15 years i'll be 40. but I always remind myself 15 years ago you were 10 so there's many many chapters to be written yet
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.