[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 26 and I have a crush on my co-worker who is 50. I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: JIA-RUAN-9.jpg (146KB, 600x879px) Image search: [Google]
JIA-RUAN-9.jpg
146KB, 600x879px
I'm 26 and I have a crush on my co-worker who is 50. I don't know what to do because I know she's too old for me but I can't help the way I feel. She knows I do too from when I got too drunk at a company party and flirted a bit with her, and she always smiles at me. I think she likes me too but I'm kind of torn apart because I don't know what to do. Part of me feels it would never work out and is just silly, but another part of me feels a lot of emotional pain.

Any advice? I know she's single. I just don't know if this is just something I should just drop. I never know what to even say to her when I see her.
>>
>>17689261
Anon, you seem to be in some situation
>She's 50
>I know she's single
>I think she likes me too
Anon, chances are, you're gonna be one of her last chances. I hate to say this about her, but dating opportunities at 50 are pretty thin ice. Therefor, she probably does like you, she probably does want you too and she's probably feeling the same way. It probably does flatter her that a young guy like your flirted with her as well.

However, on the flip side, age. I don't need to say anything about this, you know the deal anon. But I do want to say, if you wanted to live your life with this woman at any point, children probably aren't gonna be an option unless you adopt.

You want advice, but really that's all I've got, a little more info might be helpful. Other than that anon, this is your choice alone and I feel you have all the facts about your life to make an educated and we'll thought out decision.
I just want to say, even though there's a big age gap, it doesn't have to be a no.
>>
>>17689275
Part of me just can't figure out why she's single. I'm guessing she got a divorce, because she's extremely attractive.

I know she has a daughter but I think the girl is adopted, so I'm not sure what that means. Honestly she just makes me extremely nervous and I'm never like that with girls typically.

She works in another department so it's difficult to get conversations going because I almost never see her around (it's a big company), but at the same time, part of me is worried if maybe this is just wrong and she should find someone her own age. I just don't know, it's been almost a year now since she found out I liked her and I thought my feelings would fade but they're just as strong and I think the same goes for her.

I guess my main problem is just not knowing how to strike up conversation with her.
>>
>>17689285
>I can't figure out why she's single
>She's 50
>She has a daughter
Two massive turn offs for retards with no emotional depth, anon.
Her daughter might be adopted, but without anymore information, an extremely good looking 50 year old? It leads me to believe it was a one night thing that went wrong
As for the conversations, I have no clue anon, unless you just decide to ask her out one time I can't see a way around it.
>>
>>17689261
>Part of me just can't figure out why she's single.
>I'm guessing she got a divorce, because she's extremely attractive.

She is most likely divorced, as most singles at that age fell for the marriage meme at some point. And dating for women over 40 is very difficult no matter how attractive they might be.

How well do you think you know her? Do you have anything in common? Or is this something that might be purely physical?

Older women and younger men can often be a good match, but only if both parties know ahead of time what it is that they want out of the relationship.
>>
>>17689299
>Two massive turn offs for retards with no emotional depth, anon.
Yeah I forget how shallow people can be sometimes. I mean for me, I think I became concerned because I thought, "Should I even pursue this? She has a daughter and I don't want to interfere with her daughters life too if I think this might not be right..." since if we even did start dating, that might prevent her from meeting someone who could be really good for her life.

I guess the whole point is, there are no real answers because I don't know her well enough. We only see each other rarely and when we do, we try to talk but both get really nervous. I think you're right, there's no way around this except asking her out.

I've dated older women in the past, so that's not a huge thing for me, but I just don't know if it could work out long term, since I don't see myself taking care of a daughter that isn't mine and again, I don't want to interfere with not only just someone elses life but really two other peoples' lives.

I guess I shouldn't see it so serious, but instead just see where things go. This wouldn't be such a big deal if my damn feelings would just go away, but it seems they just keep getting stronger to the point it's distressing to me.

Thanks for the advice, if you think you have anymore just let me know. I'm not sure if this will work out but I guess I should at least ask her out for a drink after work some time.
>>
>>17689317
>How well do you think you know her?
Almost not at all. I know she's very intelligent and quirky, which I like, but again I don't know a lot about her and we're so many generations apart it might be difficult to find common ground.

>Or is this something that might be purely physical?
There is a physical aspect but it's not just sexual. It's hard to describe but it's just very strong emotional feelings, though I don't even know her well, which is the weird thing. I think she's extremely beautiful but not in just a sexy way but in this way that is really unique and difficult to put into words. If anything I wish I didn't have these feelings so I could move on with my life, as I've tried for months now, but every time I see her and she smiles at me it makes my whole day.

I think part of the problem is I think we're both mental people, so I think we both get rushing thoughts as soon as we see each other and we both kind of fumble, which is weird because I'm usually pretty good at talking with women.
>>
>>17689323
One more bit, if her daughter is like 14, nobody at school cares
If she's your age, she'll have moved out, she won't be a problem
You won't hurt her daughter's chances with anything, treat her mother right and she should be glad and kind towards you.
Speaking to you right now anon, I can't say I know much about you, but you seem kind, caring and self-conscious about your actions. At 50, you'd be the best thing she could ever get.
Who knows though, you might get to know her and figure out she's not for you, the feelings might leave and since you don't see her often it won't be a massive problem. Might even find a partner. Good luck anon.
>>
>>17689340
Thanks I really appreciate it and thanks for the kind words. Her daughter is only 5 or 6, so she's very young and is still developing, so I guess I just don't want to do anything that could interfere with her daughter growing up because childhood is very important in how you develop later in life. I guess dating wouldn't be a big deal or make a big impact, but regardless I think of myself raising a daughter and just not sure if that's something I could even do, as I have my own growing up to do in certain ways.
>>
File: 1476375415437.jpg (230KB, 707x900px) Image search: [Google]
1476375415437.jpg
230KB, 707x900px
If you feel like ti OP, go for it. If not, okay, that's just as fine, too.

Honestly, you're two grown ass adults, so as everything is consensual like it should be, I see no reason to not say go for it.

Get to know her more: why she has such a young kid at her age? And do find out if you really are compatible. If so, then as long as you both are as honest to the greatest degree as possible, then I don't see why you can't spend time with her, romantically or not.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.