[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does romantic, physical intimacy make me feel so uncomfortable?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1476109418484-adv.jpg (325KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1476109418484-adv.jpg
325KB, 768x1024px
Why does romantic, physical intimacy make me feel so uncomfortable?

I feel obligated to be certain levels of touchy at the appropriate stages, but sex isn't really what I want out of a relationship.

Most women need, as far as I know, physical affection more often than I'll be willing to offer.

I was never molested
hetero man
>>
>>17689065
What's your relationship with your parents like ?

Cause if it's not good with either one of them , you've got a 90% chance of intimacy issues (that show differently depending on the person, gender , and the gender of the parent ).
>>
>>17689065

Relationships are compromises. About a lot of stuff. This one seems to be one you have to work on more than most. That's fine, we all have our own crap.

You'll have to find women willing to go to a level both of you are comfortable with. I don't know how hard or easy it will be.
>>
>>17689065
How old are you?
Were you always like that?
>>
>>17689069

My dad ran out on me when I was 10-12.

My mom is the worst person I know to go to for emotional support, becoming angry or fustrated pretty quickly, so I just never went to her.

Had a stepdad 13-15. He was great with this stuff.

>>17689078
19. I think I've always been this way. I never really pursued sex in school like most guys did, but I did have 2 girlfriends in highschool I never really went beyond light kissing with. Probably one reason I got dumped.

>>17689071
I can see that. At this point I may just not bother. I like relationships because I emotional intimacy makes me feel really, really satisfied. Also, the validation.

I like looking at their bodies but the idea of actually doing something sexual with them makes me feel avoidant.
>>
>>17689091
Seriously nigger ? Your dad ran away and your mom is a bitch you can't trust with emotions ?

And you wonder why you have intimacy issues ????

Look, the shortest way I can put it is this. I understand that you're afraid of relationships because the only one you've studied closely in your life (really suffered the consequences of ) has been terrible . But it's ok , it doesn't have to be that way . I had really worthless parents too aside from financial support . Other people on this planet aren't like them , you just have to let any of those feeling go and try and with girls your own age until you feel comfortable .
>>
>>17689091
Do you masturbate at all? Do you need it?
>>
>>17689091

Don't let the other Anons do some amateur psychology on you.

Maybe therapy will help you, maybe it won't. You can try it.

But if you are just asexual, you are just asexual. That's fine. Keep in mind it can be hard to get a relationship going, but what can you do about it?

Try to be happy with the relationships (friends and shit, not only romantic) you can make.
>>
>>17689112

I masturbate once a day. I feel super horny after a few days of not, but I still would not fuck a girl if I were offered, I'd just ho jack off.

A girl once offered me and I started avoiding her. Although I didn't feel anxious in my head, my hands were shaking pretty badly and my throat was dry.

>>17689124
I don't think I'm asexual, its not as if sex has no bearing or impact on my life.

I really appreciate my friends and love making new ones.

>>17689111
I don't really feel "scared", like I would be if I were anxious about an interview or test, when with a girl. I just feel hesitant and uncomfortable, like I'm being forced to go on a road trip with my family and I'm really dreading it.
>>
>>17689124
>don't try advice given by random snobs
>just status qou the fuck your life up man
>why bother trying to make yourself better ?
>that shit is hard lmao just do whatever you want senpai :^)
>>
>>17689148

Hey, he can go to therapy if he wants. But the guys that start by "were you molested?" hur hur are not ready to deal with a "yes".

Remember there's a person on the other side. Don't bring up stuff you can't deal with.

>>17689065

OP, I didn't mean to say therapy would be useless. Hope that's not how it came off as. I'm just saying, do it if you feel like you need it, not to "fit in".
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.