[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey adv, I just turned 19 today and got some birthday money from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: c02957517.jpg (16KB, 300x412px) Image search: [Google]
c02957517.jpg
16KB, 300x412px
Hey adv, I just turned 19 today and got some birthday money from friends and family.

I decided that I want to use that money to update my computer.

I have an 2011 HP Pavillion model p7-1254, and I don't know much about computers and what to update or upgrade; how to update or upgrade; or if there's certain parts that only my motherboard can use.

I use my computer to listen to music, work with photoshop and play video games.

I recently bought Overwatch and when I play, my computer doesn't seem to want to process the graphics right nor does it want to play smoothly without latency issues.

It's also very difficult when I'm resizing a digital painting in Photoshop without having it lag and and having me wait for a minute in order to get one brush stroke.

What should I do? Do I need to get better parts and add on to my computer, do I simply get a new computer?

I'm not so sure how I want to execute this since I'm very oblivious to how different motherboards, processors, ram, and so on, go together with other parts.

How should I go to making my performance better without raging that my computer is buggy or isn't working?
>>
If you use PS and game you want decent to good CPU and GPU. A lot of prebuilts are difficult to upgrade and the companies make them that way on purpose.

How much do you have to spend? Youc an build a whole new one thatll play most games for probably as little as $5-600. After that price to performance starts to degrade.

Check out the guides people have done on pcpartpicker.com
>>
>>17687212
Also the table on logicalincrements too
>>
>>17687212
Oh, Damn.

Right now I have about $250 of gift money.

Should I save up and wait until I have enough to afford something reasonable that can last?
>>
>>17687226
Yeah but with that you can afford a GPU so check if you can stuff something in your pentium although I doubt it honestly.

AMD put out probably one of the best price to performance GPUs on the market recently called the RX 480 and it's about that price.

Plan for $200 at least on the CPU and don't skimp on the PSU or you could fuck up your computer. I recommend intel CPU, EVGA PSU and msi/sapphire GPU. Don't get a reference card, just compare warranties and choose based on that and the reviews of failure rates.

Saving would be better though. After all parts including monitor and peripherals I spent $1200 on my computer and it's a beast with an overclocked 4690k and r9 390. Don't believe the flagship GPU hype it gets expensive fast.
>>
>>17687237
Thank you anon, this has been very helpful.

I really underestimated this whole situation, thank you for giving me a better understanding.
>>
>>17687255
Yeah no problem.

There's a lot of stuff out there about benchmarks and reviews on youtube. It can get kinda overwhelming but I remember one of my favorite hobbies was getting everything together exactly the way I wanted it in my new comp until it was just right.

It can actually be really fun.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.