[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Picture not related, I need advice I'm new to /adv/ but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1475123221530.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1475123221530.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
Picture not related, I need advice
I'm new to /adv/ but I just need help, I'm a teenager still, and I got my girlfriend pregnant, she's 6 months and I haven't told my mom, my girlfriend is the most understansing girl I have ever met, she understand why I haven't told my mom, because i have a major fear she may be mad at me. I'm the only child and dad is away and we don't have a good connection, I want to tell my mom cause I don't want to be like my dad and leave.

I'm planning to tell my mom tomorrow before my girlfriend goes in her trimester. I have a dentist appointment tomorrow and I was thinking of telling my mom before I got in there and get my braces. Is that a good idea? Cause my thought is she won't tell me anything after the procedure which last roughly 2 hours. Can /adv/ help me or give me advice?
>>
Correction: she's 6 months pregnant
>>
You fucked up when you waited until 6 months to tell her
>>
>>17687007
No.
Your mom will probably be very proud of you for wanting to be a part of your childs life.
Congrats.
If we could get back to a more family centered America this country could be great again.
Dont listen to all the negative bs and hype about how a kid will ruin your life.
It will be a great joy for you and your mom will understand why you waited to tell her.
>>
>>17687014
Nice bait
>inb4 "it's not bait"
>>
I know I fucked up waiting 6 months to tell her, but my mom has always told me to have a kid like around my 20s, hopefully she understands as I want her to, it's hard enough to tell her already, if she gets mad at me, it wouldn't work, I also want to remind her that I'm still going to school, then after that to college, I also want to remind her I'm going to find a job for she won't stress, hopefully she understands but I don't know how to tell her besides being g blunt with her.
>>
>>17687033
>but my mom has always told me to have a kid like around my 20s
That's not what she's going to be mad about, the very fact that you kept it from her for half a year is. Also just being irresponsible enough to get your girlfriend pregnant in the first place - I just noticed you say you're about to get your braces, which makes me think you're even younger than I first thought. I know you're optimistic about the future, but I really don't know how you and your girlfriend can be. You're just kids. They say you're never fully prepared for your first child, and that sentiment is compounded by the fact that you're so young.

As for how to tell her, there's no other way than just telling her. You're going to have to be prepared for her anger, and perhaps even her kicking you out. Have you thought about how you're going to deal with that possibility?
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 656x754px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 656x754px
Rubber rubber rubber
>>
>>17687052
Give me a break.
I cant stand this anti-children "liberal" think.
You are never prepared for your first kid lol.
You aint never prepared for braces
Either but boy is getting them.
What a dumb thing to say.

Moms usually are the more supportive ones.
Just tell her
i really doubt she will
Blow up.
>>
Well, I'm not that young, not sure if you think I'm like 12-14 years old, well, the whole background about the braces is I've been trying to get my Medicare accept my issue with my teeth for years and they finally accepted it and are covering it. I haven't really thought of it, other than get a job, she's in the Christopher House program, which gives her free baby stuff, like clothes and I'm guessing diapers too, I don't think my mom will kick me out, although, I do expect her too, sadly, I won't get sympathy from her either since it's hard for me to cry, so I guess you are right, I just have to face it.
>>
>>17687065
Medicaid?
If you are
On medicare u are really old. We only care about the elderly
>>
>>17687065
You've made your bed, now you've got to lie in it. You can think you've got a plan sorted now, but I guarantee you, in three months' time, any plan you have will go flying out the window. If you and your girlfriend manage to stay until before the kid's 10th birthday, it'll probably be a miracle

I hope you know you've done a very stupid thing, and unfortunately this isn't something that you can undo.
>>
>>17687078
Not sure what it's really called, it's basically a health insurance funded by the government
>>
>>17687080
Youre right, but we'll see what happens, I'm trying to think optimistically, but then I don't want to be lying to myself either, imo it's better for me to think optimistically than wanting to die, I guess I'm just hoping shit turns out well.
>>
>>17687089
>it's better for me to think optimistically than wanting to die
I agree, but there's no point in deluding yourself. Every step of the way you're going to have to reassess. After telling your mother, after the birth of the child, after a few years.

Why haven't you got a job yet, by the way? Children are not cheap, and you need money to go to college, or at least move out eventually. Plus, if you had a job, your mother might be less mad, because it shows that you're willing to step up and take responsibility. The fact that you didn't get one the minute you found out she was pregnant and wanted to keep it doesn't exactly scream "I'm responsible enough to be a parent"
>>
>>17687103
Well, I have been trying to find a job, target, Mariano's, mcdonalds, but they all send me an email that they appreciate that I'm interested in working there but they can't find a position for me, except Mariano's, they didn't even call back, and I know they aren't cheap, which is why I'm still applying to stores and restaurants.
>>
>>17687115
Well good luck, but like I said, be realistic about your future. Hopefully your mother isn't too mad, but I can't say I'd blame her if she was.
>>
>>17687117
Thank you
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.