[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boyfriend gladly does favors for all women, especially co workers.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

File: YlcWHW6.jpg (74KB, 620x567px) Image search: [Google]
YlcWHW6.jpg
74KB, 620x567px
Boyfriend gladly does favors for all women, especially co workers. He can't say no to them so he ends up over worked, and they get promoted to management.

He tries to be charismatic with them all the time. Attends every event and bar outing.

At home, he expects me to cater to his every needs. He never does ANYTHING around the house which leaves me doing all the typical guy stuff like building furniture and shit which basically feels like:

1. His female coworkers
2. Him
3000. Me, at the bottom of his food chain.

Is this something guys grow out of or should I start looking for another partner? He always invites me to these company events and then treats me like I don't matter in front of everyone. It feels like he's saying "Hey, there's someone under me too! Watch me control someone like you guys!"

For the record I pay 1/2 of our bills, rent, and usually buy the groceries. We try to split dining out. I'm pretty self sufficient.
>>
If you care about him enough, talk to him about it like an adult. I don't know why you are asking such a stupid question, do people grow out of treating people like shit? No, not really, not normally in adulthood. Sometimes people just have to have that one person they treat like shit and never do it again.
But seriously you're a grown ass woman or man whatever, talk to them, if change doesn't happen get angry about it, be assertive. Otherwise pack it up, you can and will do better don't be a dumbass about it.
>>
Are you sure it's not
1. Work
2. Him
300000. You

Either way just talk to him, there's not much we can do.
>>
Sounds like something to discuss with him. I don't know the guy, but if he's trying to show worth in the workplace then maybe that's a good thing? You say he gets promoted, after all.

Definitely have a chat with him, especially with how you feel at the company events. He clearly wants to include you, but him walking all over you isn't a healthy way to go out.

Out of curiosity, what's your occupation?
>>
>>17686006
I tried to explain that he white knights other women a lot and he became angry due to ego damage.

My other idea was to start acting more helpless and ditsy. I'd care less about his work habits if he pulled his weight more.... and I don't know how to get Jim to do that now that the honeymoon phase is gone.
>>
>>17686022
I don't think your approach of acting ditzy would work at all.
Look what your boyfriend is doing is 100℅ not OK. As I said talk to him or leave. It is that simple.
>>
>>17686013
No no, they get promoted. The women who convince him to do their work.

I feel like relationships are lose/lose for a woman right now because the guy stops taking care of you once he has you. They still expect you to do shit for them though. I don't want to feel this way but I do.

I'm an engineer
>>
>>17686027
You're just with a shitty man. And probably have shitty man fever.
Dating as a whole for both sexes is a bit messy now, I would say men have it worse right now in short term. But plenty if good people still exist, don't let your first three meals decide that maybe food is shitty in general.
>>
How do you know that it's women the he specifically helps out?
>>
>>17686027
Ohhh, so THEY get promoted. Makes more sense now.

Welp, like the other anon said I wouldn't try acting 'ditzy' or whatever--passive-aggressive methods like that never work out, plus it sounds counterproductive to the actual problem.

You sound pretty frustrated by the situation--that's why you guys need to talk and air out all of these feelings. Bring it up next time you have the chance and frame it positively, not accusingly.
>>
>>17686040
I've met most of them and he tells me a lot.

He likes to evade telling me it's a woman for example: "someone handed me their extra work today and I couldn't say no". Then I ask someone? You mean a woman? And then he admits it. If he's talking about a guy he'll just say their name.
>>
How do you bring this up to someone who is easily agitated when things that might hurt their ego are called into question?
>>
>>17686065
No other way around. Just be straight with him.
>>
>>17685994
I literally do this to my partner. I am a doctor and part of the reason I dedicate myself so much to work is that I feel I make a difference to other people. But a lot of it is the fact that I get a massive adrenaline rush from emergencies and I am fucking hooked on that feeling. So much so that I neglect my life outside of medicine. The more I look at this, the more I can see that if you replaced the "medicine" with "cocaine", people would immediately realise I have a major fucking problem
>>
>>17685994
Your boyfriend doesnt respect you op. You are less than dirt in his mind.
Do yourself a favor and leave his sad beta ass
>>
>>17686013
She never said he gets promoted. She only said that the women he helps get promoted.
>>
>>17686027
Bullshit. You just got stuck in an unhealthy relationship. I always do stuff for my fiancee. We give and take equally so things work really well. You are an engineer so you must be a pretty intelligent woman. Find a man who will treat you the way you deserve or get your guy to pull his head out of his ass.
>>
>>17686102
This. Can't believe that people are talking about bringing it up when this guy brings her along to parties just so he can humiliate her in public. Leave this sorry excuse for a man.
>>
File: 1401572707253.jpg (163KB, 593x541px) Image search: [Google]
1401572707253.jpg
163KB, 593x541px
>>17685994
>be jealous cunt
>ANYTHING bf does with another girl is infatuation/him putting them first
>nothing he does it ever good enough for you
>bitch to other men about him so you can get told how much better you deserve
>>
>>17685994
its not that they cant say no, they dont want to because he likes them. pull your head out of your ass. you think if some girl he didnt care about asked him for a favor he would say sure?
>>
>>17686022
nothings wrong with damaging his ego if he makes you feel unappreciated.
>>
File: 1348026166264.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1348026166264.gif
2MB, 200x150px
>>17686027

>lose/lose for a woman right now.

Haha- no. Your relationship is just a shit one missy, in the Western world it's way more common for men to get the short end of the stick. Women get the social and legal edge in relationships.

A quick google yields a nice concise video by the intelligent Dr. Helen Smith: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoXQf2f2Yxo

Your man sounds like a fuckin faggot, he treats you like shit, his ego is too fragile to handle blatantly obvious criticism, and he lets other people piggyback off of his effort to succeed.

I mean what the fuck is that? He's a door-mat/enabler who also treats his woman like shit while trying to make himself appear cooler in front of his co-workers? You'd have to be a fucking idiot to stay in that relationship.

Pro-tip: You're probably a fucking idiot.
>>
>>17685994
Have you tried, instead of telling 4chan, talking with him about how you feel? It's entirely possible he is just a nice guy with his co workers no matter their gender. He might be unaware of how you feel. That's what it seems like from where I am. Communication is the key to any relationship. Be honest and straight with him and he should be with you too.
>>
>>17686027
Relationships are what you make them. They aren't lose/lose for all women and not win/win for all men either. The world doesn't work like that.
>>
>>17686049
Maybe he doesn't want to mention they are women because you'll have the reaction you're having right now.
>>
>>17686310
Who's to say he intends or even knows she feels this way?
>>
>>17685994
Women are fucking retarded. The worse you treat them, the harder they try to please you. He's got you figured out. You probably won't leave him because you're weak.
>>
>>17685994
Does he make more money than you?
It seems like he is busting his ass and putting up with a metric ton of bullshit there just to keep it
>>
>>17686590
I have no dobut in my mind she bitches endlessly while completing refusing to losten to anything he has to say
>>
>>17686027
Wow proof that Eve engineers can be retarded when they are women
>>
File: 1340422964534.jpg (24KB, 526x394px) Image search: [Google]
1340422964534.jpg
24KB, 526x394px
>>17686027

Jesus fucking christ- you're an engineer?

Shouldn't someone with a goddamn engineering degree have even a modicum of comprehension of the concept of sample size?

Nice fucking blanket statement for all heterosexual relationships based off of your shitty one in which you and your partner clearly aren't communicating.

Way to re-affirm the engineer stereotype of complete social ineptitude.
>>
>>17686676
Perhaps she is autistic, it's more common among stem graduates
>>
OP, it sounds like you're in a shitty relationship.
If you're not happy about it then just end it.

Although I guess if you're still confused about what you should do, you could try talking about it with him to see if any of the problems can be changed; if nothing changes then leave.
>>
Na. Leave him. He's bein a bitch to a bunch of bitches. If he was a man he would already be top dog around the office and then come home and take care of you. Speaking of which...are you hot?
>>
>>17686702
That's how I feel and that's kind of how he was when he had a different job and our relationship was still new.

This year I've made more money than him but I am a contractor and run my own business. Next year he might make more.

>>17686676
I'm not good handling relationships. My mom has made me feel pretty guilty about taking care of myself and I'm slowly learning to disregard that.

>>17686638

See above.
>>
>>17686711
Don't blame your parents, it's your responsibility.
>>
>>17686714
If I am raised to give everything to someone who hurts me because as a woman I shouldn't be able to take care of myself, yes, I will say it and that it wasn't right. To be fair my mom grew up in a very abusive household where they kept everything hush hush.
>>
>>17686717
I think you misunderstood 'responsibility', it's that your parents aren't at fault (every parent is at fault since the beginning of time), but once you a adult and realize where they did it wrong it's your responsibility to change yourself, and don't make the mistakes with your kids.
>>
>>17686736
it's NOT that your parents*

ffs
>>
File: 1361557429305.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1361557429305.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>17686717

Assuming your story is true and non-biased, then you're the catalyst to change here.

Think: if you ever want to have kids, what kind of man do you want their father to be? What kind of mother do you want to be?

Who you two are and the dynamics of your relationship will shape your children on a conscious and unconscious level. You say yourself that some of these dangerous self-destructive behaviors are ingrained in you, and only you can break the cycle to raise a generation of non-damaged children who can live better.

It sounds like you make plenty and don't need this guy. Get. The. Fuck. Out. I am a man so my perspective is on the other side, but personally I wouldn't put up with a gender-swapped scenario for a goddamn second. If you already tried to bring it up I'd just up and leave. If they want to try fixing it they can contact me and prove it, but really moving on is the best bet.
>>
>>17686711
Listen princess a job isn't the same thing for a man than a woman
I know that you show up, stay past closing... sometimes and put a big smile wich gets you tips
When you are a man tho you get judged by every little thing you do because If you get that promotion it means you are the best and only the best, sure female coworkers get promotions but promotions to what? If he keeps this up he may end up running the llace someday, how many female ceos you know?
If he gives up well, that's not an option so the only thing left i have to tell you is make him choose between you and his job and you will get a nice goodbye card, a job is a man's life nobody will feel sorry for him or give him a handout
>>
File: 1476925708362.jpg (213KB, 1146x1146px) Image search: [Google]
1476925708362.jpg
213KB, 1146x1146px
>>17686027
>relationships are lose/lose for a woman right now
Finally, we're experiencing equality
>>
>>17686027
>Loose/loose
Say he hit you, get a few house
>Loose/loose
>>
>>17686744
sexist bait
>>
>>17685994
he probably has some fetish he knows you do not share and gets off with these other women
>>
Him doing what he wants with his own time is fine. Him not contributing to the household, or demeaning you in front of others (though I'll bet this is mostly in your head) is not okay.

Adults talk it over. If you can't broach the subject, then it's your own fault if the relationship fails.
>>
>>17685994
If he is actually is serious about you then he would treat you like family, and for men family always should come first. if you feel like he is losing priorities either give him a slap tell him to take it like a man or just leave the lost poor man alone and find someone who has their priorites set out right. not some weak man that doesnt know what it is they want.
>>
>>17686022
You still approached the actual problem in an indirect and unnecesary manner. The problem isn't that he white knights other women, at least that shouldn't be the problem. The actual problem is that you feel unappreciated, it should have nothing to do with a comparison to other people. The question of a relationship is always "how do I want to be treated by a person" not "how do I want to be treated by a person compared to how he treats other people"

communicate the part that actually matters and go from there, if he refuses to change then it's obviously irreconcilable, if he does change then hopefully things work out
>>
>>17685994
seriously. don't bother talking to a person like that, they don't experience real "human" emotions.

leave him and do it in a way that will make you smile when you reflect on it
>>
>>17685994
wow that sucks OP. i've had a partner do that to me before but i didn't put up with it. i confronted them straight on and made it a point that i felt like shit and that THEY were making me feel like shit. i spoke over their shit ego and said that if they really care about me, then they would make an effort to fix it.

it took them a while to take it in, but they did sit down and listen after that.
>>
>>17685994
>Boyfriend gladly does favors for all women, especially co workers. He can't say no to them so he ends up over worked, and they get promoted to management.
how can you even know that? does he report to you daily which women he helped, or something? women get promoted just for being female, it rarely has anything to do with the actual work
>>
>>17688137
I see them make him his bitch first hand. What anon said about work being 1. Is right.

Also I'm not sure how I feel about this: I want to to a special fun thing like go karting with him. He says no no no. Too tired too lazy too whatever. On a weekend mind you. Then suddenly work has a special go karting event and he HAS to go. He invites me acting like he's the hero of the day. I don't want to go on a date with his co workers. I want to go on a date with HIM.

His job pulls these stunts literally every other week. It's very ...cult-ure oriented. Great if you're single and want to date a coworker. Terrible if you're s/o has their own life.
>>
>>17688153
>Too tired too lazy too whatever. On a weekend mind you.
that's pretty normal, I can only play video games or get drunk behind a computer after a week of work, I'm too exhausted to go anywhere, but seeing how he has no problems with attending work events, he just seems like an office brown-noser and too beta to actually use it get promoted at that
>>
>>17685994
You could do better. He shouldn't be treating other women better than he treats his own girlfriend.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.