[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I create comics >get contacted by a guy who works in a country

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

I create comics
>get contacted by a guy who works in a country known for its financial difficulties/corruption and how notoriously difficult they are to work with/for
>he wants to sign me on a contract to share the rights to my comic
>the thing is I'm not making any money from the actual Issues I draw. I just deliver, he publishes and sells free, and we split the profit made from goodies or adaptation deals made out of it (tv/movie)
>that's of course if people do buy goodies, and if anyone does buy the rights to an adaptation

Does that sound like a safe bet? because it doesn't to me. Of course he's insistent about it, but no matter how much he spins it, it still doesn't sound safe to me.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>17685880
>he came to you
Red flag
>shady country
Red flag
>signing a contract, he publishes/sells/adapts it as he sees fit
Big red flag

Sounds sketchy as fuck, like he's going to steal your shit, but I don't know what I'm talking about.
See if you can find an expert.
>>
>>17685900
Oh and I doubt the 'he sells it for free' bit.
>>
>>17685900
>>17685903
I've had people coming to me before, and it's been going fine so I'm surprised about that.

He's the first with such a sketchy plan though. His whole idea is "we've got big plans to create a growing industry in our part of the world and you can be part of the dream." Which sounds nice and all, but it still doesn't put food on your plate to do that the way he's doing it.

I guess my biggest question would be if anyone here knows of such a precedent of basically doing a contract where you're getting your money when it starts generating profit through promotion, goodies, and adaptation deals.
>>
>>17685880

If you're not comfortable with it, don't do it. Thank him for his offer, hold out for stronger guarantees or whatever, but don't whore your creative future out to some fuckhead you don't trust.

If you do go through with it, get a contract lawyer to help you.

So far, this contract sounds like total shit, he's offering nothing you can't do yourself and claiming half the franchise.
>>
>>17685880
I wouldn't bite based on your description alone.

Dealing with people internationally is a nightmare because they know their laws better than you and they might be manipulating you into a shitty deal that looks fine from the perspective of our laws.

Not only would I not trust him, I'd be on the look out for your stuff being distributed there without your permission.
>>
Sounds like an absolute sure way to get scammed, anon. Don't even reply dot com
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.