/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've got a bit of an embarrassing issue, but it's really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: smile and be happy.jpg (140KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
smile and be happy.jpg
140KB, 1280x720px
I've got a bit of an embarrassing issue, but it's really gotten to me the past few days so some solid advice would be appreciated.

Little background: when I was a kid, I was a completely friendless little weirdo. As a result I became incredibly attached to fictional characters, and somewhat distant towards humans in general.

Fast forward to now: I've been in a relationship with the same guy for 5 years (somehow). Things are great, he's a really nice guy, funny and highly intelligent, everything I hoped my future partner to be.

Unfortunately, I've grown insanely attached to a character in a video game. It's such a stupid crush. I've played the game for hours on end (even in front of my boyfriend), swooning over this particular character. I am fully aware that a character is just a character, but recently I've been finding myself daydreaming about this character rather than my actual boyfriend.

I feel guilty, almost like I'm cheating on my partner. Yes, it's a silly crush over a non-existing individual, but it is seriously messing with me. What should I do? How can I stop obsessing over this character?

>TL;DR: crush over a fictional character, at the expense of my already existing long-term relationship with a 3D human
>>
It happens, don't sweat it. If you're anything like me you'll get over it pretty fast. Stop playing the game and you'll forget it exists in a couple of weeks. Also, I'll take a wild guess and say that your relationship has become pretty dull, if that's the case do something to break the routine. Go on a vacation, start a new activity together, something like that.

Just keep in mind that your boyfriend will never be able to compete with fictional characters, since they're pretty much perfect. Your boyfriend does have the advantage of being a human being you can actually interact with, though. I guess that's something.

Just as a curiosity, what character is it?
>>
>>17685405
>It happens, don't sweat it. If you're anything like me you'll get over it pretty fast.
God, I hope so. This is just so stupid.

Also, I'll take a wild guess and say that your relationship has become pretty dull
Yeah, unfortunately we're saving up for a place, so things are pretty boring at the moment. We can't go on vacation or do nice things yet ;_;

>Just as a curiosity, what character is it?
I'm so embarrassed, I can't say... But I can say the game is Fallout 4.
I should really change companions and let my fictional husbundo go...
>>
>>17685419
Please don't say Dogmeat
>>
>>17685427
Who can resist that adorable doggo?
>>
>>17685386
Roleplay? If not, then avoid the game (at least for a while) and put more effort into having some intimacy with him.
>>
>>17685386
There really isn't a problem with this, really. Don't worry about it so much. Just never lose perspective. Never forget that it's a fictional character that does not exist, and will never exist. Never, EVER, compare your boyfriend to him, because, as a fallible human, he will never compare to your idealized version of this perfect (to you) character. Because he is not real, you can never be proven wrong. So just always keep them separate. It isn't fair to your partner otherwise.

It's just fantasy land. Just make sure to keep it that way.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.