[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to lose my sense of smell? I've felt like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Is it possible to lose my sense of smell?
I've felt like I've lost a good portion of my ability to smell for a good year now.
I just always feel like I can't get a good smell of the air or anything unless I take a HUGE sniff and even when I do that, I get this burning sensation in my nose.
Is there a way to improve it/get it back?
I'll list some details that I think might factor in to this:
>almost 20
>been getting chronic nosebleeds since freshman year of high school
>been sleeping in a basement most nights since 2010
>been using nasal spray for a year now
>nose ALWAYS feels puckered out when I'm at work(grocery store)
>showers are one of the only things that help me clear my nasal passages
>>
I should also mention that I'm in the Basement most of the time.
>>
I do know it is possible for a person to lose their sense of smell. After a surgery my dad can no longer smell at all.
>>
Basemend- could be mold
Also prolonged use of nasal spray (1 yr) is waay to long.
Go to an doctor and tell them what you told us.
>>
>>17684078
This kind of threads are So fucking stupid. Just go to a doctor.
>>
>>17684078
>be me, about 16 years old I guess
>we had a tumblin' course in PE class (you know one of those long bouncy things for multiple salto's and such)
>Most kids suck, some can make a single salto
>be me, pretty good at this
>do a few salto's and other tricks
>decide it's time for a grande finale
>whole class looks at me as I run down the course
>I need to get a lot of airtime to make this work!
>Jump with all my might
>Oh boy, this was a bad idea! My knee is comming up again but my head is still busy going downwards
>*insert I'm a retard gif*
>I hit myself in my face with my knee
>My nose is bleeding as fuck, so I get off and stumble towards the lockerroom
>kids paralyzed and shocked
>I can't do anything in the lockerroom, go to the bathroom to grab some toilet paper
>bleeding too much so I stumble back into the gymnasium via other door
>Almost collapse
>at this point I noticed my nose was completely crushed and flat against my cheek!
>I made a circling trail of blood trough the gymnasium and lockerroom
>Suddenly everyone knew me

I lost my sense of smell during the many operations afterwards...
>>
>>17684078
>>been using nasal spray for a year now

there you have it, you should never use those sprays more than three times a day for longer than a week, otherwise lose of the sense of smell and the bleeding can happen.

could be xylometazolin abuse
>>
>>17684555
>>17684857
The "not being able to smell" thing was the reason I started using nasal spray, though.
So, maybe it's mold in my basement?
>>17684599
I ain't got insurance and money's tight.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.