[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I smoke a pipe in my non-smoking room at uni, which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0716.png (397KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0716.png
397KB, 720x540px
Can I smoke a pipe in my non-smoking room at uni, which has a smoke alarm?
>>
>Can I smoke
>in my non-smoking room
You're clearly far too stupid to be at uni
>>
Get rekt.
>>
>>17683813
On the contrary, you have to be this stupid to decide to go to uni.
>>
>>17683811
Can you? Yes. Is it a good idea? No.
>>
Of its the same kind of smoke alarms ive lived under, then you can breath smoke directly onto them and theyll never go off. theyre designed to detect smoke due to actual fire.
>>
I forget what they're called, but it's this thing that almost looks like binoculars that you blow the smoke into. Idk what to do about the smoke from the bowl. Maybe have some insence as a cover if you accidental set off the alarm and say you didn't know the alarm was so sensitive
>>
>>17683811
You could disable the smoke alarm and then turn it back on after you've smoked
>>
You can try everything at least once
>>
>>17683811
There are those things called latex gloves. You should try one
>>
>>17685668
I'm not sure what you mean.
>>
>>17685677
Put it over the damn thing and youre golden.
>>
>>17684767
explain ur self pls
>>
>>17686286

Other guy here.

First of all, the influx/increase of students had increased the supply of degrees, without affecting the actual demand for them by employers, therefore de-valuing them.
Compare that to the fact that more students want degrees (and increased demand for them), universities have risen the costs accordingly to get the most profit.

So essentially, having a degree is devalued, but teaching on isn't. It's more expensive, and less effective to own a degree now, than it was, say 10-20 years ago.

Then there's the fact your not even guaranteed a good, or even relevant job at the end of it, and you'll notice that it's essentially a life-affecting debt gamble with shitty odds when there are cheaper alternatives in the form of apprenticeships schemes, royal charters, on the job training etc.

Lastly, it is worth mentioning that universities have earned a horrendous reputation for prioritising pushing political agendas before actually teaching.

From the outsiders perspective, it looks like you're throwing thousands away getting yourself into debt for a de-valued degree which may or may not even help you acquire the job you want, and only if you hold the "correct" political opinions.

Why would anyone chose that over some on-the-job style work/training that will start them off with their foot actually in the industry?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.