[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I yolo and quit my job? I'm working as an "analyst"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (35KB, 300x210px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 300x210px
Should I yolo and quit my job?

I'm working as an "analyst" at a consulting firm making 55k, I started two months ago, and I fucking hate it and the area I live in and am homesick (3000 miles away)

My dream job is to be an applied creative like an industrial designer or an architect, but I fucked up in college and I'm still surprised this company decided to hire me in the first place. But everyday I'm stressed, bored as fuck and sour.

When should I quit? Now? I'm a year? How do people have energy to come home from work everyday and take night classes to career switch?? Is this just what real life is like?
>>
>>17683489
You never quit without having a guaranteed job or back up income.
>>
get a good woman
>>
For your resumes sake, stay for at least 6 months, a year ideally if you can numb yourself to it.

Also, keep hope alive and look for a new job in the meantime, if you find something that looks worthwhile go for it.
>>
>>17683514
>Jew
>tells op who has issues to complicate them more with a woman
>goodgoy.jpg

Can't make this shit up
>>
Assuming you are going to be working full time most of your life, I would look at it it like this. 40 hours a week is a good portion of your life. And you only devote that time to earn money to trade for goods and services. Is your job worth what you get out of it? You only get today. Not garunteed tomorrow. Would you be happy with your life if you died on the way home from your shitty job.
>>
>>17683514
thats the best thing for you in the end. i tried to deny it for a long time but cant anymore desu senpai
>>
As an employer, when I look at a resume, one of the first things I check is if they're the type to job hop. So, stick it out a little longer, but move onto whatever you want to do. No employer will fault you for doing something different, something that you actually like
>>
>>17683489
Stay with it OP. Most jobs are like that, but tat seems like a good salary. Hopefully you can find the energy to do stuff after work to change job eventually.
>>
don't quit your job without another lined up
>>
>55K
Nigga, I'm making 24K in the ass-end of nowhere (And I mean it, it's a fucking border crossing in the middle of SEA) by working 60h/week and while I'm considering quitting, I have to soldier on for half a year to get enough revenue before opening my company.
With 55K, I would be on a fucking cloud.

I wish I was American to get such high income, damn.
>>
>>17683489
>55K
>First job out of college
Possibly bait

Man, fuck you man. My first job out of college was a permatemp, paid $10/hr, no benefits. Sounds like you've got it made. Your first job is important, as statistically, it determines how your earnings over the chose of your life. (Start at $55K, little chance your next job will pay less than that, greater chance it'll just go up from there. Start at $20K…you've got a lot of catching up to do.) How the fuck did you get that job?

If you hate your job, save up some money and go back to school/take classes/look for a new job.

What do you spend your day "analyzing?"
>>
>>17684991
>What do you spend your day "analyzing?"

I take notes and am my bosses bitch.
>>
>>17683570

Why? Really, why? I've stayed less than a year at a few jobs. I left because of legitimate reasons such as sexual harassment and discrimination, extremely over worked and under paid, and mental abuse. My work ethic is great and I am really passionate (and skilled enough to find jobs regularly I guess) but I don't think it's right to fault an employee for not wanting to be treated like shit. Most employers treat their employees like shit. Why not shop around until you find the one that fits?
>>
Hi OP, marketing professional over here, I get how you feel. For the first few months of my position here, I was very depressed and hated work and day to day life. It was also insanely hard, I had a boss that really rode me, and I just wasn't fitting in.

However, around 6-8 months, I settled in and the bigger picture just became clear to me. For a solid year or so, things were great, and I was enjoying my job a ton. For about a year, and things have slid back to shit.

What my point really is, give it at least 6 months. Maybe see if really trying hard for a couple of weeks advances your skill set and suddenly things become easier. But don't stick around at a job you hate.
>>
>>17683570
Do you remember at all what it's like to be treated like shit at work or hate your job.

Fuck you! Get back in touch with your employees. If they jump ship so quickly, maybe it's something on the company's end that is the problem.
>>
>>17683489

Whats your diet like?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.