[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make things not awkward later tonight? I'm in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: drums.jpg (10KB, 275x184px) Image search: [Google]
drums.jpg
10KB, 275x184px
How do I make things not awkward later tonight?

I'm in a Pit Band Orchestra for the musical Hairspray. There's a girl in the orchestra with me that plays the Bari Sax.

She's been smiling at me and laughing at my jokes and comments and whatnot throughout several rehearsals.

She knows all of the actors and has been around the theater and is a part of the sewing team, so she's genuinely pretty active around the theater. I thought she was kind of cute too.

During yesterday nights dress rehearsal I needed to use the rest room and she offered to show me where it was. On the way back I told her that I knew where the restroom was and I just wanted to talk to her because I thought she was cute.

She was fast paced the entire time cause we were in a hurry to get back and she just said "Oh shut up." and kept leading me back to the pit. It wasn't an annoyed or angry connotation. I said the whole thing jokingly so it was a perfect response. Either way, no big deal. Nothing was weird or anything. She'd still smile at me and we'd chat in the pit for a little while.

Today I sent her a text about 5 hours ago asking if she'd like to grab something to eat with me after the rehearsal. I've yet to get a response so I'm pretty sure she isn't interested.

What should I do to make things not weird or awkward when I come in for rehearsal tonight? If possible I'd like to reconcile.

To be perfectly clear, I'm not upset that she isn't interested. I have a fair share of women who would love to go out with me. I just don't want the rest of my time in this pt band to be awkward.

What do I do /adv?
>>
I'm thinking about softening the blow by sending another text about seeing if anybody else in pit is interested in coming. That way it's not a 1 on 1 thing and there's less commitment involved.

Something like, "We can see if anybody else is interested in coming too. I'll ask Anons if they wanna come.
>>
>>17682852
>What should I do to make things not weird or awkward when I come in for rehearsal tonight?

Act as you always have with her. That's it. You're a confident guy, don't worry about it.
>>
Bumping for a musical anon. I'm in a concert band and there's a cute guy who plays trumpet like me. Hope it isn't awkward when you go back
>>
>>17682858

Don't do this. This is spaghetti.

>>17682866
Do this. If she's not interested, she'll tell you and you can just say, "okay that's fine" and move on. You didnt do anything wrong or weird. Just act as you always have
>>
>>17682878
I wish she'd just tell me lol.

It is possible that she just hasn't replied yet too. I'm horrible with replying to texts (and I'm on my phone 24/7 and she doesn't have a smart phone so she might not have even checked it yet.

Either way, is it better to pretend like nothing happened then?
>>
>On the way back I told her that I knew where the restroom was and I just wanted to talk to her because I thought she was cute.

Jesus the fuck
>>
>>17682878

If she doesnt mention the text when you first talk, just say, "hey, I don't know if you got my text or not, but I was wondering if you wanted to go..." etc.

It will be less awkward than just not mentioning it and having the elephant in the room
>>
>>17682858
No. Don't do that. Now you just sound desperate and pathetic I mean she didn't reply for five hours bucko c'mon.
>>
>>17682891
To be fair when I had to go she jumped up to show me where it was without me even asking about it. I thought I'd let her come with me and see if I could start any potential flirting.

It was all playful.
>>
Oh shit guys! She just replied.

"Are you asking me on a date?"
>>
>>17682906
Get in there maaan get in there! You got this.
>>
>>17682906
Thinking of replying,

Yup. Just a casual get to you know each other type of thing.
>>
>>17682906
GO GET HER, TIGER
>>
>>17682911
OP here, this wasnt my post

>>17682906

I just replied Yup!

I'll keep you all updated.
>>
>>17682911
Do it faggot
you won't
>>
>>17682937
I did.
>>
Her response:

Well in that case I am flattered but I don't usually go out with guys who ask me over text. Maybe we can talk at rehearsal tonight and you can ask me then.

Ummm...

So I guess I ask her later tonight then? Lol???
>>
>>17682949
I'm going to just say

"Lol, see you tonight."
>>
>>17682912
this
godspeed, op
remember to bring condoms. better safe than sorry
>>
>>17682949
GET IT MAN. GET EEEET. Be sure to have a place in mind, however.
>>
>>17682959
The original text mentioned a place already.
>>
>>17682949
>>17682951

damn.. i love when girls play coy like that. im jelly OP. good job
>>
>>17682934
>I just replied Yup!
Good. Casual and confident.

>>17682949
>Well in that case I am flattered but I don't usually go out with guys who ask me over text. Maybe we can talk at rehearsal tonight and you can ask me then
She's opening the door, but she's testing you.
If you can keep a cool head, stay calm and comfortable, and ask her with confidence, you're probably in.
But she's testing to see if you'll be stuttering and averting your eyes and being awkward when you talk in-person. If you're too awkward, or are clearly putting too much importance on this, she'll close the door.

>>17682951
>I'm going to just say "Lol, see you tonight."
Not my choice of words, but good.
Based on this transaction and how you claim to have experience with girls, I think you can handle things from here.
>>
>>17682905
That doesn't make any sense.
And, so why didn't you?

The reason this is awkward, is because you're making it awkward.
>>
I see where she's coming from. You should have asked her when you guys were heading to and from the restroom. That was the perfect time to do so. You texting her later after that exchange might've made her think you were just too scared to do it in that moment.
Despite that she likes you enough to give you another chance so go get them tiger
>>
>>17683018
Yeah I see it too.

Everything will be sorted out. It wasn't a perfect interaction, I'll give it that but it doesn't need to be for things to work out.

Thanks for the comments.
>>
>>17683078
You are a cool guy, music senpai.
I'm at college studying music and I barely talk to any woman at all, but it makes me kinda happy to see on the spot how a relationship is born
>>
>>17683088
Music is great! Especially in the college level because you'll make actual good friends much easily than other students.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.