[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with coming out of the super in love, infatuation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: 142255689422.jpg (129KB, 550x652px) Image search: [Google]
142255689422.jpg
129KB, 550x652px
How do you deal with coming out of the super in love, infatuation period and moving into that slightly more settled feeling?

How do you deal with the times you fuck decreasing and sex becoming more predictable?

How long into a relationship does this normally happen?

Is there anyway to avoid it or keep things fresh for longer, or is it an inevitable change in a relationship? Likewise, does it indicate anything about the quality of a relationship?
>>
It happens to all relationships. Boring is good and strong. When it's fucking dreadful is when you don't want it.
>>
File: infatuation.gif (174KB, 576x2277px) Image search: [Google]
infatuation.gif
174KB, 576x2277px
>>17682613
>How do you deal with coming out of the super in love, infatuation period and moving into that slightly more settled feeling?
no problem if you really love the other person. Even in infatuation is gone, love stays. Many people mistake the two and think if the infatuation is gone, love has no chance and they break up even if the relationship could survive. Relationships are work. People tend to forget.

>How do you deal with the times you fuck decreasing and sex becoming more predictable?
Your sex drive naturally fades. Just make the times you do have sex always special. Truly show your love. You may be surprised to notice that even your sex drive will get stronger again that way

>How long into a relationship does this normally happen?
the so called honeymoon phase lasts about two years.

>Is there anyway to avoid it or keep things fresh for longer, or is it an inevitable change in a relationship? Likewise, does it indicate anything about the quality of a relationship?
you can prolong the honeymoonphase by constantly showing your affection and not taking the relationship for granted, talking about your relationship/feelings with your partner. Again, you need to work on your relationship. Be aware and prepared that relationships constantly change and accept it. The most important thing is: Do you love the other person?

great podcast on that matter: http://www.artofmanliness.com/2015/02/26/podcast-103-love-factually-with-dr-duana-welch/
>>
The prev. guy gave you good advice. I've written this here before, but it's also important to bear in mind that love is almost always cyclical; it starts with the extreme high of the infatuation phase and fades to a baseline where you're attracted to them and enjoy spending time with them and care about their wellbeing but you don't get butterflies in your stomach around them or daydream about them when they're not there. If you stick it out, and I really do mean you stick it out, I'm talking at least eight months but possibly several years, you'll get back to that high point in the cycle where you're absolutely crazy about them. It's not enough to base a whole relationship off of, you need to learn to appreciate the comfortable-but-less-exciting baseline too, but it's something to bear in mind: sticking with somebody long-term doesn't mean that you never get to feel those super fucking intense pangs of infatuation ever again.

The usual advice for keeping things exciting (in both parts of the cycle) applies: stay in shape, don't let yourself become totally lazy w/r/t your appearance, go on dates, do fun shit together, if you ever feel yourself becoming genuinely bored and discontented then shake things up -- go on a trip or do something stupid together, you get the idea.

As for your sex life, it's normal for it to drop off somewhat, but you don't have to resign yourself to a couple times a month like some married couples do. I mean, that can happen, but you're not obligated to be okay with it -- you're not in the wrong if you see it as a problem and expect to work together to fix it.
>>
>>17682613

people act like its mature to stay in a relationship after the honeymoon phase ends.

im not saying that there is some perfect girl out there who will keep the butterflies in your stomach for the rest of your life.

but if the honeymoon phase ends and you're not that into them, go ahead and leave. there are people that make you feel good for long periods of time.

the honeymoon phase is 'getting to know you'. if you dont like them afterward, then dont stay.
>>
>>17682788
In fairness, there are an awful lot of people who get addicted to the infatuation phase and mistake its end for falling out of love. That's something to watch out for. But in general I agree -- "comfortable but less exciting" doesn't mean the same thing as "boring", and certainly doesn't mean "unhappy."
>>
File: Nordische Mutter.jpg (269KB, 514x800px) Image search: [Google]
Nordische Mutter.jpg
269KB, 514x800px
>>17682692

This anon hit the button, this being especially true imo: >Your sex drive naturally fades. Just make the times you do have sex always special. Truly show your love. You may be surprised to notice that even your sex drive will get stronger again that way

However, I do disagree with the statement: >you can prolong the honeymoonphase by constantly showing your affection and not taking the relationship for granted, talking about your relationship/feelings with your partner.

I will argue that the relationship will always be fresh in ways more than one when everything is genuine, and both parties are honest to each other to the greatest extent possible; always involving your SO in things and discussion topics that you both enjoy while of course trying new things is one of the best ways to go about in a relationship imo.

>>17682804
"comfortable but less exciting" doesn't mean the same thing as "boring", and certainly doesn't mean "unhappy."
This too.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.