[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>addicted to caffeine >when I stop drinking coffee I legit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: cX6CYDf.jpg (60KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
cX6CYDf.jpg
60KB, 650x650px
>addicted to caffeine
>when I stop drinking coffee I legit become retarded
>without coffee/caffeine I cannot focus nor stay awake

What do? Am I the only one that potatoes if I dont get caffeine?

I dont want to be addicted to caffeine anymore.
>>
>>17681661

You aren't addicted to caffeine, you have developed a physical dependence to caffeine.

An addiction and a physical dependence both cause withdrawal symptoms when one goes without, so why make the distinction? Because if you were addicted to caffeine, you would drink coffee uncontrollably and compulsively. Like, all the time. If that's what you're doing, then by all means call it an addiction, and seek help immediately.

But more likely what you're experiencing is physical dependence, where your body has come to rely on an external source for chemicals it's actually able of producing itself. Your body does not make caffeine, but it does make dopamine, and caffeine magnifies the effect of existing dopamine (I'm oversimplfying here, go research the effect of caffeine if you want a more accurate understanding).

Your body has become used to the effects of caffeine magnifying the effect of your dopamine levels, and has reduced your dopamine levels in an attempt to balance them. The result is that without caffeine, you experience (accurately) very low dopamine levels, which feels awful. Then you have coffee, and the caffeine magnifies your low levels to something that feels normalish. If you're searching for a buzz, perhaps you drink more caffeine to further magnify the effect, which works, but will result in your body further lowering your dopamine levels.

To end this cycle (or at least, bring it back under control), you'll need to cut back on your caffeine intake, and endure the low dopamine feelings that result while your body gets around to raising your actual dopamine levels.

If you're a heavy coffee drinker, I wouldn't recommend quitting altogether, as the withdrawal can be downright debilitating, but that's up to you.
>>
I Used to go all out with Coffee when i was young and what i did when i felt i had a problem was to choose my moments to cut back when i felt i could better cope with the retarded non caffeinated zombie that i would become.
>>
>>17681737
>>17681737
>If you're a heavy coffee drinker, I wouldn't recommend quitting altogether, as the withdrawal can be downright debilitating, but that's up to you.

Well. I have to get 1 cup a day and not after 12 noon otherwise I cant sleep.

And when I dont as my OP suggested I go full potato, Im just... slow, and fuzzy.

Thats the reason I want to stop, I want to not depend on something external.

You think a cleanse will help? Taper down the coffee while taking Milk Thistle?
>>
>>17682828

>1 cup a day
>addicted

You don't even have a problem. It's fucking caffeine, not heroin. A cup a day is nothing.
>>
>>17682842

Nah but i become a potato when I dont have it!
>>
>>17682899

Then drink it, if it improves your performance. That's why it became popular in the first place. You're clearly not a problem user, so indulge. If you don't want to, then just fucking stop. You'll get used to not having caffeine in a few weeks, or more likely, in a few days.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.