[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my fwb was in a car accident 6 weeks ago and had been injured

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: Screenshot_2016-10-17-22-28-38.png (217KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-17-22-28-38.png
217KB, 1440x2560px
So my fwb was in a car accident 6 weeks ago and had been injured her arms pand wrists pretty bad. She's been doing exercises and stuff but lately she's gone to church and honestly believes praying is making her heal.
Now she doesn't want to have sex and only wants to talk about god and mortality.

She's from a religious family but us fucking was like her escape from that I think.
Now what do I do? Do I support her god shit for now and hope it blows over?
>>
>>17681630
Good for her what is she talking about BJs?
>>
>>17681663
Toronto Blue Jays, a baseball team
>>
>>17681630
Maybe give her some space for a while? She could just be bonding with her family again?
>>
you need to sabatage the healing process and make her dependent on you. break her legs if you absolutely must.
>>
The accident made her face her mortality. It can be a life changing experience for some, realizing how easily they could have died in an instant. Keep your fingers crossed she doesnt become fanatical.
>>
>>17681630
Could be trolling you
>>
>>17681630
She's nowhere near genuine (experience being and knowing radicals), she may be using it as an excuse to stop having sex because she always felt guilty or started to
Either way I'd just go along with it and break off contact because clearly she doesn't respect you enough to give a valid breaking point nor does she respect God enough to not take His name in vain
>>
File: received_10154634572308827-1.jpg (144KB, 1152x1831px) Image search: [Google]
received_10154634572308827-1.jpg
144KB, 1152x1831px
>>17681964
>>17681975
This was from the weekend
>>
>>17681975
>God enough to not take His name in vain
The BJs part was referring to a baseball team, Blue Jays
>>
>>17681976
good for her wish her luck in this self exploring journey
>>
>>17681976
Two options, either she only just started going and will understand more and more theology, going with it all the way, even if she doesn't believe it because women are malleable things, and eventually make concessions to whatever denomination she is attending, OR eventually she will run into a roadblock (probably of conservative nature) that conflicts with her inheld worldly beliefs and at that point she will be weak to the influences of other people in her life, i.e. you
Know this, that is a very corrupt path to take yourself upon and it is better to tie a boulder to your neck and jump into the ocean than to mislead the children of God, if you only want pussy I suggest finding another slag to use because if your friend does end up being saved then she will be far happier than any earthly relationship could make her
>>17681981
I'm aware, such prayers are foolish and lack faith and only detract from God's holy name by attributing them to a superfluous cause as a sports game that has no bearing on their own spiritual, financial, or intellectual life
If she owned the team or knew someone on it or connected to it in the previous ways, then it is not a foolish display, but the fact she is telling an unbeliever this makes it a vain display almost regardless of content (some exceptions possible)
>>
>>17681630
i can see why she has become a religious fanatic, coming close to death changes people. What i dont understand is why this means she cant have sex? She can still talk about god and have sex.

obviously the whole point behind waiting until marriage for sex was to diminish promiscuous behavior and encourage a family unit. now a days we have protection to stop bastard children from being born. fair enough if she wants to find her self but Christianity is out dated now. Buddhism would probably be a better choice for her.
>>
>>17682032
>I know nothing about religions
>>
>>17682044
tell me what i am wrong about?
>>
>>17681995
It just seems really out of nowhere
She used to make fun of her parents for going to church, and it seemed like religion was something she wanted to distance herself from
>>
>>17682062
sounds like she didnt disprove of Christianity for logical reasons, rather she disliked it because it wasnt "cool".
>>
>>17682056
Your whole perspective is wrong, Christianity nor Buddhism are about pragmatism or social stability, the ruling elite might like them for those reasons but that is not their purpose
Christianity is about your relationship with your creator and growing in that and about that journey, Buddhism (depending on who you ask) is about the elimination of attachment with the purpose of ceasing suffering
Neither of these lead to pragmatism inherently but sometimes do, as the Christian's God tells him to repay no evil and to respect the nations held in place by God's will and as the buddhists philosophy tells him to not go around pillaging and murdering and raping because there is truly no real need to outside of the mind's desire for wealth and pleasure which in turn cause more suffering than anything gained
>>17682077
This, a lot of kids of religious parents often rebel in this manner because it's so easy to and society encourages it
>>
>>17682062
OP het over it, she nearly died, now she changed. Happens. Look for someone else. Religion is her way to explore herself and the feelings she may have after this experience. They say you will become a different person after realising your own mortality.
>>
>>17682085
>she nearly died
She didn't though, her only injuries were her arms
>>
>>17682080
>Your whole perspective is wrong, Christianity nor Buddhism are about pragmatism or social stability, the ruling elite might like them for those reasons but that is not their purpose
>Christianity is about your relationship with your creator and growing in that and about that journey, Buddhism (depending on who you ask) is about the elimination of attachment with the purpose of ceasing suffering

obviously. it doesent state in bible that sin was created to deter the plebs from committing certain actions. im saying that is why Christianity was created. religion has always been created to enforce policies. now, not so much because the state can use the media to propagate ideas. Christianity now clearly isnt used for pragmastim but the ideas are still outdated. i dont care if someone is a christian but its wrong when they are discouraged from enjoying things like sex.

i know people get into Christianity because it gives them stability, makes them feel good, gives them a purpose etc and obviously people who promote Christianity do it because they genuinely believe in it. The main problem though is that mainstream Christianity with a voice and impact is full of fear mongering. The decent Christians dont have a voice or they are in the minority. this girl will probably be falling for all kinda of bull shit. She should realize that life is precious and she shouldent condemn things she enjoyed because she is afraid of disrespecting jesus

pics related.
>>
File: Aurelius.png (396KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
Aurelius.png
396KB, 600x451px
>>17682153
You display your ignorance in your criticism. Christianity was not "created" for any purpose by men, if this is not proven by its persecution all throughout history from its very inception to the modern day I do not know what does
No Christian is discouraged from having sexual relations by nearly any of the major denominations, even ones I would deign to call heretical, but that is in the context of the right relationship
No one married is called a pervert or sinner for doing what God made us to do, in fact it is a great calling and responsibility to be spiritually united with someone on earth in such a way. No what anyone with a relationship with God is against is a frivolous and sinful abuse of what He has provided in this manner, mainly extramarital sex, because it at worst creates disunity between people and destroys relationships and lives in devastating manner and at best detracts from the glory of God by being a purely selfish act

Further no one becomes a Christian because it does those things, perhaps they are bonuses to becoming one in an ideal situation, but from the beginning Christianity is proclaimed as a religion of hardship, pain, and suffering. People become Christians not because this sounds good but because the world has nothing to offer, it is spiritually dead. Eventually all the bells and whistles of life will not offer enough spiritual fulfillment (or any at all) and something will need to change and the providence of God leads them to Him
You clearly don't understand Christianity if you think it is fearmongering in any way except this: you are told that suffering is going to be your lot as a Christian, with Christ in heaven you must suffer here on earth until the day of redemption and the establishment of the millennial kingdom. Beyond that all that exists in Christ is hope, what fear of death is there when you return to your God? What fear of oppression is there when it nets you rewards in heaven? What use is fear to the Christian?
>>
>>17682203
>You display your ignorance in your criticism.

right. you call me ignorant but you have basically misunderstood everything i have said.

>No Christian is discouraged from having sexual relations by nearly any of the major denominations, even ones I would deign to call heretical, but that is in the context of the right relationship

i was talking about sex before marriage, how did you not know this? lol.

>People become Christians not because this sounds good but because the world has nothing to offer, it is spiritually dead.

the world has plenty to offer. just because you cant find fulfillment, doesent mean no one else can.

>You clearly don't understand Christianity if you think it is fearmongering.

right, because telling people they are going to burn in hell for eternity isnt fear mongering?
>>
>>17682235
I have misunderstood nothing about what you have said, it is merely simplistic and uninformed
It is you who is misunderstanding because you evidently have no training in theology. The threat of Hell is a very real one but it is not one of cauldrons and lava and pitchforks wherein our enemies are tortured for eternity. Hell is merely defined as a place outside of God's presence, the only place like it made for the demons, why it is a terrible place is not because it invokes some fleshly torture upon its inhabitants but because it is to be outside of the love and the will of God. Hell is, simply put, what every unbeliever wants, they spend their time on this earth and their consciences constantly work towards reconciliation with God and God works to offer every opportunity to turn from their sins and find the free salvation offered to them. In death, these offers stop and so does the conscience, they have made it clear through their life that they intend not to have a relationship with God and so he gives them just that, isolation from Him, what makes this so terrible is that all we experience is given to us by the common grace of God, He made this world and all in it so it is all His and we are always in His presence because of this, to be outside of this is to experience what is said to be weeping and gnashing of teeth, as I'm sure anyone who has had a relationship break apart has experienced in a ephemeral way here on earth.

Hell is not a threat, it is a warning about a simple condition: God wants a relationship with you, when you die either that relationship will be fulfilled or will be cut off, do you want to spend eternity with or without your creator who loves you?
>>
I am a more intelligent person for having read this thread.

Thank you, random theologist.
>>
>>17682270
i have heard all this before but thanks for reiterating it. I was talking about the Christians that refer to hell as a place of torture. not the ones in the minority that talk of it being outside the love of god. the mainstream christians talk of hell being a place of torture, it doesent matter if Jesus meant something else because this girl will probably follow what the mainstream advocates. if you will refer back to what i originally said, you will clearly see that i was talking about mainstream Christians. as i said, the decent christians who believe in hell being outside of gods love are in the minority. i very much doubt she is going to a church which talks about hell being like this. if you're a christian, you should know that the romans basically took the message of jesus and turned it into propaganda. as i said aswell, i dont care if someone is a christian, if you're a christian, cool, good for you.
>>
>>17681630
>May the Lord bless the BJ's in this time of hardship
Oh god, I'm in tears.
>>
>>17681630
>fwb
time to find a new one, anon.
>>
>>17681630
Depends on how much you want to go back to fucking her and your tolerance on religious shit. If you really want to fuck her again and you don't mind that much hearing about God every time she's around then sure, put up with her nonsense. She MIGHT, EVENTUALLY decide that it's fine to keep having sex with you, but don't count on it.
If you don't mind that much losing her as a fwb and/or you can't stand her constant talk about religion then tell her what you think about all this god and morality stuff.

I'm gonna be honest here, I couldn't put up with this shit. The way she talks about all of it makes me cringe to oblivion. I doubt I'd be able to keep a straight face if someone talked to me like that irl. But, hey, that's just me.
>>
>>17682302
That's fine, however I have yet to come across any professing Christian of a genuine sort (i.e. has ever read his bible and not some televangelist's herd) though not necessarily a true believer that has ever denied the definition of Hell I have put forth, even the catholics I have met despise dante's inferno for what it has done to the perception of such a basic doctrine.
Simply put if there is a chance of entering a church with even a sliver of theology behind it, (mind you I'm no scholar, I merely learned this from church one or two hours a week this is really basic stuff we're talking about here) then chances are they will not be backwards-minded without reason. Either they ignore the Bible and it's doctrines or include additional extra-biblical authorities in their statement of faith (both great heresies to be sure) in which case they cannot be called Christians.
Now there may be the case wherein this doctrine is not examined for whatever reason, who likes to talk about hell right? In which case it would be due to have a brain and actually do research yourself to find that Hell is what I said and not some cavernous torture chamber at the core of the earth biblically speaking.
If you are unwilling to apply the rules of your faith to your doctrines then you are a hypocrite, if you are unable then a simpleton, yet even they can be made wise with the Word of God and especially now considering the millions of resources available in the digital age

Know how to see falsehood and be intelligent enough to seek God for truth and not rely on the people around you completely for your wisdom.
Basically you cannot blame the organizations for the laziness of their followers which leads them to take part in the corruption the group spreads, at least you cannot blame them wholly as they choose to remain ignorant as much as their teacher chooses to sow deception.
>>
File: 1475627670310.gif (1MB, 500x347px) Image search: [Google]
1475627670310.gif
1MB, 500x347px
>May the Lord bless the BJ's in this time of hardship
>>
Just find another girl, this one is obviously retarded.
>>
>>17681630
Women are like children, they like to believe in fairy tales.
>>
>>17681630

You're fucking her. Unless she's getting the lord to bless the bj's she's giving you, it's time to reevaluate what kind of circumstance you're in
>>
>thread is full of christfags

OP, just move on. who wants to associate with some religious retard anyway?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.