[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I tell my parents that I got a 67 in one of my classes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1476761281114.jpg (36KB, 492x328px) Image search: [Google]
1476761281114.jpg
36KB, 492x328px
How do I tell my parents that I got a 67 in one of my classes when they expect me to get above 80?
>>
Stop giving a shit, it's just a grade?
If you're in highschool it literally doesn't matter
If you're in university you can retake the class next semester
And that's assuming you've actually failed the class, not did poorly on a single assignment
>>
>>17680821
Once I got a 57% class end total in a thermodynamics class.

It turned out to be a C. Three guys in the class, one got a 76% , an A and the third got a 38%, an F.
>>
>>17680913

what school has a class for 3 people? did everyone drop the course or something
>>
once i got sick and went to the hospital for 2 weeks. However because I didnt email my professor he didnt excuse my absence. I worked the next few weeks to try and catch up. I stayed up all night working on projects so I could at least get something for them even if they were late.

Find out he fucking failed me right at the midterm and I never had a chance of catching up. He didnt accept late work. I worked super hard after being really sick and he doomed me before even telling me I was wasting my time.

It didnt matter tho. I proved to myself what I could do and I still learned a lot form the class even if I never got credit for it.
>>
>>17680931

THIS IS HOW YOU DEAL WITH ADVERSITY

YOU FUCKING MAKE THE BEST OF IT AND MOVE ON
>>
I didn't get into law school on my first go, despite always being one of the 'smart ones'. You know what I did? I accepted that I had failed, and got the fuck over it and tried again. My parents were disappointed, but there was nothing that I nor they could do about it
>>
>>17680821
Take responsibility. Admit whatever it is you didn't do to get the grade you were capable of.
Be honest.
Then, explain to them the steps you have planned to fix it (retaking class, getting a tutor whatever)
Saying "it's my fault, I screwed this up, I apologize. Here's how I plan to deal with it"

Don't blame others, take your medicine, don't argue with them.
Taking full responsibility and having a action plan and being contrite will get you further than being a whining, blaming others bitch.
>>
>>17680821
My parents are paying for school. They have a right to care about my grades. That being said, I am fucking sick of it. They deserve to be a little disappointed this semester.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.