[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/adv/ I need help I need someone to give me a completely ignorant,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1476328196393.png (202KB, 365x363px) Image search: [Google]
1476328196393.png
202KB, 365x363px
/adv/ I need help

I need someone to give me a completely ignorant, outsider opinion

My life right now:
>got a promotion at my shitty retail job
>I'm a supervisor
>Get offer from competitor
>Same job, full time, with benefits
>Awesome!
>Take it
>I'm terrified of the store
>I'm selling product I don't understand
>Half the team already decided they hate me before I started
>Mom suggests I take a semester off of school to figure my shit out
>Dad says he'll disown me if I quit school even for a semester
>If I do well at said job, the store will pay for me to get expensive certifications

I feel like I made the wrong choice, but I can't go back. There's really good stuff about this job, but I just feel like I should have stayed where I was comfortable. This job is so unsure. I was hired on a whim and they expect a lot of me.

Some of the perks outweigh the cons, but I just don't know if it's worth possibly losing a semester of school over
>>
Protip: they take anyone who's willing to work the hours as supervisors or managers when it comes to shitty wageslave jobs.
>>
>>17680380
I wish that was true

my old job only does part-time management
I had to do a shit ton of training to be able to do all the stuff they expected of me
>>
>>17680390
It is true. They may say it's part time, but I've known so many people who have had to work next to full time hours after they're promoted, and they can't really say no. Supervisors and managers are expected to go above and beyond what regular staff are.
>>
>>17680401
It is subjective, but I left that job to take more hours, so I'm not sure what your point is
>>
>>17680404
My point is that either way, you were going to get fucked over the minute you were promoted. This has nothing to do with switching stores.
>>
>>17680380

Yeah right.

When I was 18, Everytime my first job complained about "abloo bloo bloo, we never have enough supervisors/leads/management, because theyre always fucking quitting because we higher ups are dumbasses and assholes" I'd always be the first one to volunteer myself and they always gave me the same answer "uhhhhh, we'll think about it hurr durr" even though i had 100% customer satisfaction, I was always able to get the little shits to do work when the managers were unable, always got the pallets done first and planograms first. But that job taught me something important

Fuck working for anyone.

>>17680360

You're just going through the jitters because it's a new experience. Just keep on trying your best and don't skip out on a semester. if worst comes to worst, just take one class a semester if need be.
>>
>>17680411
but it does

One store I enjoyed the environment and the people I worked in. I enjoyed what we sold and started building a career on it, but they refused to give me full time or do anything to help advance my career

The other store gave me full time with benefits right away, I'm starting training for some really expensive certifications I've been wanting and they're paying for me to do it. They give me free product and give me 10+ hours of overtime pay a week.
>>
>>17680417
I'm just a little nervous because I'm taking only two classes right now and I'm stressed.
I'm going to be working 50 hours a week, 60 hours during the holidays
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.