[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Due to certain circumstances, I'm in a position where I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

Due to certain circumstances, I'm in a position where I need to learn how to cook dinners for myself. I'm on a 1300 calorie diet and I don't know where to get started as far as healthy recipes go
>>
>get food
>cook it
>cook book
>ur a FAG
>>
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=healthy+recipes

also read the /fit/ sticky
>>
Start by eating a lot of fruit and vegetables. Learn to make friends with salads, fish, and fowl. Go for the fresh stuff in a supermarket instead of canned stuff. This is your chance - charred red meats have been linked to colon cancer - now is the perfect time to save yourself from cancer.
>>
Potatoes. Eggs. Cheese.
Scrub and dice two russet potatoes, heat a frying pan on medium-high heat.
Toss in your diced potatoes and spread them around, sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
Ignore it for 10 minutes.
Toss and flip. At this point you can add sliced bell peppers or onions and butter if you want.
Wait 5 minutes.
If you havent before, add a slice of butter now and crack two eggs.
Scramble and toss until the egg is cooked.

Plate or bowl and spread shredded cheddar on top, allow it to melt.
Congrats, you've got most of your needed vitamins as well as proteins, calcium, and other goodies. Plus its very filling and incredibly cheap.
>>
Lean chicken. Steamed vegetables. Fruit. Non-sugary cereals. Fish. Coffee. Tea.

Strictly avoid: soda (even diet), fast food, ice cream, candy and pastries in general.

In moderation: bread, rice, red meat.

Stir-fry or steam everything, avoid strictly frying. Use olive oil. Don't salt things excessively. Eat fixed meals instead of random snacks throughout the day. Plan out your meals at least in a general sense and go shopping for everything you'll need on a weekly basis.

If you're getting regular exercise, treat yourself to something fat/sugary you crave once a week, and only once.
>>
>>17680269
almost every food (yes, even fruits and vegetables) have been linked to some form of cancer. This doesn't mean shit anymore.
>>
>>17680271
oh also:

Toast a piece of country white bread in a frying pan, dribble some oil into the pan, crack two eggs, fry them.
Place on toast.

or for a lazy sandwich
toast two pieces of country white bread in a frying pan, and start frying two slices of Spam in the same pan. Once your bread is toasted (both sides), flip the spam, crack two eggs. By the time the eggs are fried your spam should be fried fully, and now you have a toasted spam and egg sandwich
>>
>>17680277
This. No idea how people say eating good is expensive.

My girlfriend and I are spending $70 a week and are making due fine.

Eggs, perogies, vegtable soup with barley and black beans, eggs, pasta made with pea flour. Super filling and really good for you.

Endless possibilities for eating cheap
>>
>>17680312
Not that I'm defending the fatasses because it is true you can eat healthy and cheap regardless if you put some effort into it,
But I will say when you're a lonely fuck who's only cooking for one, it can get kinda tricky. You have to find shit thats in small enough quantity that you can actually eat it before it expires, but also isn't fucking expensive as hell. Generally, the smaller the quantity the more expensive it is, because buying in bulk is always cheaper.

Again though, I manage just fine on my cheap ass budget with my forever alone ass. But I find I don't eat much fresh shit, usually canned and other stuff that doesn't expire easily.
>>
>>17680277
what the hell is country white bread? sounds like something to do with honkies. is it just homebaked white bread?
>>
also all this high-starch shit and processed shit is not going to help you stay under 1300 calories. you're going to want to eliminate starches and sugars or at least keep them to a bare minimum. keep a close eye on fat intake but don't cut fat out completely. get lots of protein and fiber and drink lots of water.

people say "don't let yourself get too hungry" but at 1300 calories, you're going to spend a significant portion of your time being hungry or close to it. it will get a bit easier as your stomach adjusts, but get used to the feeling of being a bit peckish a good amount of the time. drink water to combat it. good luck OP I'm trying to lose weight too, shitsux
>>
>>17680357
Soup
Potatoes
Lentils
Sandwiches
Ta-da you are now eating healthy and cheap for one
Whenever you buy fresh you can buy in quantities small enough for one. You just have to be aware fresh means expensive.
>>
>>17680271
How many calories are in this meal?
>>
>>17680260
Go to /ck/, I'm pretty sure you can ask for some recipes over there.
>>
>>17681239
I calculated it using myfitnesspal. About 469 calories which isn't bad
>>
>Due to certain circumstances, I'm in a position where I need to learn how to cook dinners for myself.
you mean 'being over 18'
>>
>>17680312
I still have no idea how people spend 70 dollars or more on food a week. My meals are based on rice, pasta, or potatoes, add a couple vegetables like onions or broccoli, maybe a chicken thigh once in a while; I could probably survive with spare change I find on the ground at toll booths.
>>
>>17681871
Well, sorta. I graduated highschool but still live with my parents. I got a job in a fast food resturant however and this job has me working closing shifts most nights so I can't eat dinner with my family. I could get lazy and just eat there with my discount but that's an awful idea if I'm trying to lose weight
>>
>>17680312
Tbh I survive on rice for carbohydrates and buy the week's offer on meat ( pork, beef, chicken) and fruit. I should learn how to cook vegetables though.
For breakfast yogurt and muesli .
I don't spend more than 20€ a week.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.