[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/, I feel like my life is becoming increasingly empty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: emptiness.jpg (1MB, 2182x2894px) Image search: [Google]
emptiness.jpg
1MB, 2182x2894px
Hey /adv/,

I feel like my life is becoming increasingly empty and meaningless, and I long to love and be loved by someone. Thing is, I'm in a pretty tough school and I'm trying to get into a good law school, so academics is pretty much my life; I can barely afford any time to work out / date.

What should I do? Should I just give school a temporary middle finger and go find love?
>>
"quests" for love never end well.

Don't give school the middle finger, but don't let it consume all your time either. It's not supposed to. Find a balance. And in your spare time find a hobby, something you can get pleasure from. I recommend a team sport.
>>
>>17680036

>implying you'd find it

i wouldn't. if you really can't afford to go out at all like not a waking moment of free time (which is believable considering law school) and that bugs you, reconsider what you're doing.

but even if you found a girl you'd lose her as soon as you start school again.

while i dont think you should dedicate your life to law if you find it meaningless, i also dont think you should ditch it just cuz ur tired of being single.

having a relationship wont give your life meaning.
>>
>>17680036
>Should I just give school a temporary middle finger and go find love?

No. You might not even find it and even if you do it might not even be as fulfilling and pleasant as you think. Using relationships to fix life rarely works long term. If you meet someone worth while, they will fit into your life, no matter how hectic it is. Busy people manage dating all the time, when it means something.
>>
People always love going to extremes on this board. Whatever made you think that in order to find love you need to ditch everything else in your life?

Try cutting back on studying progressively and replacing it with social activities, go out with friends again, get out of the house. Don't do it with the explicit intention of meeting someone, just try to do new things and meet new people in general. Give it time, and take small steps.
>>
>>17680036
it's all about how much time you'd be willing to sacrifice to get good money.
first work, then have fun.
but if it will take too long for you stop and party
>>
File: 1473298436284.jpg (22KB, 300x224px) Image search: [Google]
1473298436284.jpg
22KB, 300x224px
>>17680036

>What should I do?

Don't expect someone loving you or loving someone else will give you meaning.

No one wants to prop up your self worth with their love. Its exhausting and eventually leads to resentment.

You're busy with school and have no time for anything else. Get what you have to get done first and then when you're done with that focus on something else.

Life isn't really supposed to have a whole ton of meaning when your time is essentially spent working towards creating a life. Traveling isn't fun, its the destination that holds all the meaning.

Don't sweat it. If you really feel hella bummed and depressed see a therapist. Other than that, being in school 24/7 is supposed be soul crushing and unfulfilling.
>>
Find a gf, like me :)
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.