[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I may be charged with a felony. I have not been charged yet.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 52842e451605fb4b00000032.jpg (24KB, 400x213px) Image search: [Google]
52842e451605fb4b00000032.jpg
24KB, 400x213px
I may be charged with a felony.
I have not been charged yet.
There are no warrants out for me yet.

If I leave town, and am never served the warrant, am I good to go?
>>
>>17679763
What felony?
>>
>>17679767
The one that seems most applicable is "Discharge of a firearm", possibly Aggravated Assault, although I made it clear that if I were attempting to kill or injure the other party, they would have been shot. In a very pro-2a state.
>>
>>17679772
I don't know, man.
>>
I wouldn't risk it, but that's because I think they would find someway to use that against you despite the legality. Then again, there's always a chance it couldn't. I don't know either way, but I'm sure it could go either way.
>>
>>17679788
That's the thing. I live in a mobile home. I could be out of state by tomorrow. They never said anything about me not going any where or anything. I spoke with a lawyer, and he said the police will be back for me in about a week.
>>
did your lawyer give you an assessment of what he thought was likely?

If you are facing charges that are winnable (you said you live in a pro gun right state), it seems rash to up and leave.
>>
>>17679795
Do you have a reason to leave? This will only make you more suspicious
>>
>>17679827
Not yet, I'm meeting the lawyer for the first time tomorrow.

>>17679829
My neighbors and friends are aware we weren't planning to stay here for long. We had said we were "leaving before summer rolls around", so it's debatable.
>>
File: 1473280682957.jpg (83KB, 581x640px) Image search: [Google]
1473280682957.jpg
83KB, 581x640px
>>17679772
Stupid fucking idiot, don't you know that you should never fire a gun in anger unless you mean to kill? (obviously in self-defense because you scared for your fucking life) What were you thinking?
>>
>>17679994
I was scared for my life, I thought the guy was gonna run me down.
>>
>>17680062
>I thought the guy was gonna run me down.
Well that changes a whole lot. Green-text exactly what happened.
>>
>>17680080
Basically
>taking care of gf's dying dad's car
>her sister and husband steal it
>call cops
>"It's a family matter, handle it yourself"
>we steal it back
>3:30am here the engine start up
>run outside naked with gun
>car stops
>stranger driving
>hear engine rev
>ohfuck
>fire at tires
>dude apparently switches vehicles with sister and her husband down the road
>I call police
>tell them what happened
>sister and husband say I shot at them
>neighbor witnessed the event, but disappeared before cops came
>sister claims it was her and husband in car
>I saw one person, and it wasnt them
>sister later admitted there was a third part involved
>they take my gun, tell me a detective might call me for questioning

That's it.
>>
>>17680094
Oh yeah, and then the cops realized it was still a "family matter" so won't do anything. I could still be charged by the county for shooting in a neighborhood.
>>
Most states will extradite on a felony, but I don't think they'll be actively looking for you.

Of course, something simple like a speeding ticket would make your name pop up. It might be simpler to stay and settle things.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.