[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't understand what to do towards finding a social network.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: wallhaven-201883.jpg (254KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-201883.jpg
254KB, 1920x1080px
I don't understand what to do towards finding a social network. I moved to a new state which is completely different from what I'm used to. Everywhere I've gone has just left me stirring around and eventually just leaving me no choice but to go home. I've tried being social at bars, for example, but it just feels disingenuous to me. I've tried using the website "meet up," but I haven't found any luck finding people the ages of 23+ that I could actually establish myself with. I also have trouble thinking about joining a group which already has strong connections within it and just being the odd man out....

Am I just fucked as a 24 year old guy for moving out of my old social network? It's not easy making friends post high school and my current profession has people much older than me and thus, not really interested in doing much with me....

I work 5 days a week as well, on top of being a college student.. so I just feel like it's hard to even make time.... but I'm so fuckin lonely it's tearing me apart.

I can't join a club at my current college because the days and times generally don't fit my schedule. I don't have the leniency of telling my boss when I can come in or not... it requires a lot of my time...

I can't even find mutual online friends that I could have out with on discord. Most groups have their networks established and not many are willing to open up to people who aren't doing the same activities and dedicating the same amount of time as them... This really sucks =(

Please tell me there's a way to end this cycle.
>>
Real friends are hard to find/notice. Especially depending where you are.

I live in a metro area and I can tell you that has a lot to do with the way I treat people. I look at everyone I meet they're a liability/risk factor. Lot of people in this world trying to fuck you up, take advantage and shit like that. I avoid that at all costs. Someone really has to prove it to me through months/years that they aren't into that for me to trust them. The people I do interact with are my co-workers and relatives on my wife's side.

You usually find friends and a social network at work but sometime's you're just shit out of luck if you are a outgoing person but nobody you know wants to hook up and hang out.

What job do you do?. Do you go to school?. If you don't do either one of those I don't see a place for you to make "real" friends.
>>
>>17677915
I'm an accountant for a small firm. The owner and my co-worker I'm decent friends with, but one of them is 36 years older than me with a wife and a son. The other one is 20 years older than me and so we all just speak in the workplace restrictively.

I go to school as well, but I just don't have the time to engage with students the way I feel like people need (and I need frankly since I don't just want /anyone). I just have no real way of being able to establish myself in my current paradigm and it feels like I keep running into a brick wall.

I live in a semi metropolitan area, but I have a hard time being in the city since I've been raised in the suburbs.
>>
>>17677928

Well, you go to school and have a job. Seems like you wouldn't have much time to "go out and have fun" much anyways considering you probably have a busy schedule.

Just how much more interaction do you expect more than what you get now?.

You probably chit chat at work but don't go out to a bar to drink on a weekend or something but you would like to?. Is that the case?.

The guy you mentioned that has a family. I have a wife and pets so I wouldn't have too much time to get out even if I wanted to because I need to give her some of my time. He might be the same case.
>>
>>17677940
I don't fault my boss for having a life. I like the fact that he does. School isn't an interaction zone for me. A lot of students like myself are in and out. Everyone is either working or young and fresh out of H.S. (that's how I feel at least since I've been out of high school for over 6 years now). I do wanna meet someone I could have a beer with and hang on a weekend. It doesn't even have to be physically (hence why I mentioned finding a discord or something along those lines). But I see many people my age with friends and interactions. Half the time I wanna just move back home so at least I can have my old friends and my family back instead of attempting to build this career. I'm busy during the weekdays, sure, but I feel like I should be able to meet a friend or two without feeling like I'm just a lone wolf walking on his own.

You can't compare yourself to me. The fact that you have a wife shows that you're further ahead in the game. I'd assume that if I had someone in my life, that would be a sufficient amount of attention... but doesn't the partner typically have friends? Doesn't it seem weird if someone you were going to date DIDN'T have any friends?

And if I may ask... where did you meet her?
>>
>>17677957

>And if I may ask... where did you meet her?

I met her when we used to work together at a thrift store when I was like 24-25. Been together for like 8 years now. We each don't go out much. There are a lot of couple like us that really have the attitude that your significant other is all you really need. We are pretty much best friends.

While you're looking for a companion (if you are) you want to find that. I wouldn't want my wife having too many friends and I wouldn't allow her to have male friends that she gets too comfortable with. She is an adult so she can but I won't be around. She knows this. I don't have any friends and I'm fine with that. I like being solitaire a bit. I only have like one good friend at work that I talk with on a semi-personal level.

I suggest you try looking for a girl that herself looks a bit solitaire. A lot of times there is a person like you in the same position but almost like magnets that either stick together or push apart she doesn't know you're around and will never know. When you guys meet you will be perfect for eachother because all you need is JUST eachother. You don't want a girl with too many friends especially if you don't have many at all.
>>
>>17677972
I've told myself that I'd be patient towards getting a relationship. It's cool that you were able to meet someone at work, but I'd have to look around firms JUST to find women coworkers. And until I actually meet them, I probably wouldn't potentially like them.

>There are a lot of couple like us that really have the attitude that your significant other is all you really need.

I wouldn't attempt to deny that, I've seen plenty of them. I just don't understand how people GET into those situations. It doesn't even have to be a companion in the intermediary. Where would someone meet a bro or someone you can talk to. Online makes it easier if you're doing mutual activities with others if you interact enough.

I just don't understand how his occurs. I feel like my connections back home are the only ones I can keep. New people entirely are no where to be found.
>>
>>17678002

>I feel like my connections back home are the only ones I can keep. New people entirely are no where to be found.

Yeah, that's I think one of the two BIGGEST reasons people can't leave their nestegg. Money and friends.

Where was it you came from originally?. A suburb I think you said?. Why not go back?.

How many people do you interact with currently at work?. How long have you been working there?. When you are at home how often did you hang out?.
>>
>>17678017
I came from MD. I was living in a city with a population of 30 thousand. I wanna go back once I have sone experience and get my cpa. If I went back now, I feel like I would be giving up good resume building experiences.

I work with three people people in the office. It's small business and my boss doesn't want too many hires (makes sense based on his books). I've been here for almost six months.

When you are at home how often did you hang out?

My best friend of mine and I rented an apartment together after high school. I had a good opportunity to get my education where I am now, so he and I went our separate ways. We talk from time to time, but he has a gf and he works (not mentioning the time zone difference). To answer your question, it was generally during the weekend.
>>
>>17678037

You have weekends off now? Saturday/Sunday?.

Yeah, looks like at your job you just don't have many opportunities. Not sure what to tell you. How long you plan on living there?.
>>
>>17678055
Yea, my Saturdays and Sundays are generally free. I just haven't really met anyone I could do something with. And as I've said, I've tried going to bars, but I haven't had much luck socializing. I feel that people generally travel in parties.

I can't find any clubs at school that are on weekends. Generally t-Fri are the days with mI'd afternoon times... zzz
>>
>>17678071

Have you checked craigslist locally?. I think they have forums and discussions and shit and you might be able to find some people who are looking to do something with other people. Maybe see if anyone wants to hang out and go to a theme park or hiking and shit.

Just be careful so you don't get murdered by some nut.
>>
>>17678076
I joined a website called meetup, but I haven't found many groups I do as hobbies. I check it during the weekends so maybe I'll find something there.

As for Craigslist; I've bought and sold from it, but idk about straight up meeting people on it. I'm skeptical about meetup as is. I also try to use Facebooks event calendar. I just can't believe it's this hard.
>>
>>17678088

I've never used any of those meeting things but i would think that you would find someone willing to chill.

How do you know what another person is interested in?. How is your profile?. Do they see your interests?. If I saw your profile what would I read about what you wanted to do?.
>>
>>17678092
You simply join a group and go to an event essentially for meet up. I show a face pic and mention basic information, but the group itself is the mutual interest if nothing else.

I guess it's just a matter of time and work and hoping something comes from it.... c'est la vie as they say I guess...

I'm off to bed.
>>
>>17678100

Alright, good luck.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.