[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it better to get a student loan for 25k and live with room

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 300x168px
is it better to get a student loan for 25k and live with room mates or buy a house for my family on bad terms we fight a lot, and the house would be out of state. or screw both and get a car?
>>
Get a car and live inside your car.
>>
Screw both. Get a used Toyota. Self-study. Schools suck nowadays. Plenty of helpful content on the Internet and several books of the same field competing for "updated supremacy".
>>
>not living for yourself

Screw both. Get a car.

You should really avoid debt though.
Buy the car with cash on-hand if possible, and if you MUST get in debt, get a reliable car that has low maintenance and repair costs so you don't get raped on repairs.
>>
>>17677690
What's your field of study?
>>
>>17677702
>Self-study
Don't do this OP
>>
>>17677719
This. People who just read shit on the internet are not on par with people who spend 3+ years getting a degree in the eyes of an employer
>>
>>17677738
Certifications are more impressive. Countless students achieve a degree and are still shit. There's a widespread dilemna in which capable, college graduates are unable to find jobs in their fields due to deadbeat graduates fucking up companies nationwide. No amount of training can cure stupidity.
>>
>>17677773
Sure, but having that piece of paper displays at least a certain level of competence. You can't disagree that having a degree behind you is better than saying "I have this knowledge and these skills, I swear". An alternative is always to get a load of work experience, but if we're talking in the space of a few years, a degree will almost always get you further than just reading up on something in your spare time.
>>
>>17677797
I won't tell you otherwise. If you're fine with being in debt for a while, that's okay. As long as you're confident that you can land a job that would easily pay it off afterwards. Just don't invest in a family that's already showing signs of crashing. The real reason most relationships don't work is because of their lack of identity. They don't love themselves (who should be most capable of maintaining happiness); how can they afford to love others? I mean, you can help her/him find themself (that's a lot of work if you have yet to love yourself), but once they do, there's a small chance that you aren't what they're looking for.
>>
>>17677822
I'm not OP. I was just pointing out why self-study isn't a realistic alternative.
>>
>>17677738
>People who just read shit on the internet are not on par with people who spend 3+ years getting a degree in the eyes of an employer

Yeah, but you don't need a degree to get a job. Read several books and use online resources. Attend hackathons/events and create websites to add to your portfolio. And if you want, attend a programming bootcamp to get a certificate and show you're qualified

Guess what? You just saved thousands by doing that and probably 2 years. You'll probably still get a job since programmers are at least in demand
>>
>>17677876
I'm new here.
>>
>>17677886
If you have the time and discipline to get to the same level of competency as someone who has a degree on your own, as well as get to a point where you can prove this to employers, by all means, do it. But very few people CAN do it on their own, especially if they have to support themselves while they do it.

Besides, having a degree says more than "I have this knowledge and these skills".
>>
>>17677690
go to school or get a job but dont buy a house for toxic people
>>
>>17677908
Having a degree also means, "I had good grades, but I don't remember shit."
>>
>>17677936
No it doesn't...?
>>
>>17677941
Have you not seen dipshits succeed in high school for kissing ass, but are completely incompetent? Same applies in society, buddy.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.