[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On break, wanted to share this with the guy I just got done talking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1453873093710.jpg (72KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
1453873093710.jpg
72KB, 709x765px
On break, wanted to share this with the guy I just got done talking out of suicide, but I can't because it's a recorded 911 line, so I'll settle for shouting at all of you. File under a just say it and get it off your chest thread.

Would you fucking autists kindly stop calling 911 for free talk therapy!?

So sick of these OBS dipshits who are too cheap to get proper help and somehow think I have half an hour to let them ramble about their depression, their alcoholism and their wife leaving but refuse to give me their location.

Do you all get that there are gunshot and robbery victims on hold because you called 911 a split second before them? Women are getting the shit kicked out of them by their drunk ex boyfriends because your long-winded ass made a vaguely suicidal statement and now I have to spend forever talking to you and then AT&T to get a ping on your phone.

Fucking stop it.
>>
>>17677663
But I like talking to you. Hold on, I'll call now
>>
>>17677682
Fuck you, put the gun in your mouth and make sure the safety is off.
>>
File: image.png (24KB, 657x525px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
24KB, 657x525px
>>17677687
But I'm just a sad robot
>>
>>17677693
Good. You deserve it. I'd be sad enough in your position to end it all too. I'd tell you so if I wasn't worried about my voice being a hot topic on a slow news day.
>>
File: image.png (60KB, 1127x685px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
60KB, 1127x685px
>>17677698
Damn man, I know you're just letting off steam but are you okay? Maybe this isn't the right line of work
>>
>>17677698
>>17677711
Totally. Change job you fucking niggerfagget. If you can't handle it now, you won't handle it any better later on. Dumbshit.
>>
>>17677711
Lol, I'm fine and I'm just fucking with you. You called it right with the letting off steam, it's just a high stress job.

Most dispatchers have a very dark sense of humor, we deal with stupid, dead, dying and sad people all day, so our on the job jokes are generally about stupid, dead, dying and sad things.

Dead baby calls are the worst, so I tell dead baby jokes after I'm off the phone. Humor as a coping mechanism is common.

Thanks for playing along fellow frog poster, I don't actually want you to die.
>>
File: image.png (50KB, 255x204px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
50KB, 255x204px
Anytime. You take it easy
>>
>>17677717
Like I said, I'm not actually serious in telling other dude to kill himself. As far as wasting time on uncooperative suicidal people I'm entirely serious. It's not my job to be your therapist, they have a plethora of volunteer crisis lines for that shit.

911 is for legit emergencies only. For people who are bleeding to death or getting beat on or having trouble breathing. Anything else is a Google search away and most certainly not my job.
>>
>>17677750
How often do you get joke calls? Like "hello, 911? There's an emergency. I ran out of hot pockets" or whatever. Are you allowed to hang up on their stupid asses for wasting your time?
>>
>>17677755
Frequently. We'll ping your phone and send officers to arrest you for misuse of 911 if you do it enough.

Enough being approximately however many times it takes for everyone here (usually 5 to 10 people) to get tired of your ass.
>>
>>17677755
Oh, and to answer your question yes, I can hang up on people for wasting my time once I establish there isn't an emergency.

The call I was ranting about the guy was saying things like "I think I'm coming to the end here." And "I just need someone to talk to." That's not something I can hang up on that, nor did I. Talked to his drunk ass for 30 frustrating minutes and then his phone company for 5 more to get his location because he refused to give it to me.

Now I recognize that you might say "35 minutes, that's not much to just talk to somebody who's hurting." But what you don't see is our call switch lighting up with the 8 domestic assaults, 2 car accidents with injuries and 3 robberies at gunpoint that were called in at the same time. 911 is like that. It's quiet for stretches and then everything happens at once.

Some of those people listened to a hold message rather than getting help sent to them right away because there aren't enough of us as it is and we were all busy. If I hadn't been dicking around with him, I might have been able to get help to someone faster in a life or death situation.

Meanwhile that guy can talk to literally anyone, doesn't have to be a 911 operator, he's just too lazy to google or pick up a phone book or go to Denny's.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.