[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So throughout my life I have only like the girls that everyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: 1456456650059.jpg (440KB, 1353x1014px) Image search: [Google]
1456456650059.jpg
440KB, 1353x1014px
So throughout my life I have only like the girls that everyone else likes. Like the prom/homecoming queen type (non-whore) and whatnot. I figured I might grow out of it but I'm 23 and it hasn't changed.

All my other friends around my age are either married or in a relationship, which doesn't bother me - I mention it because, well, I don't understand why they're content with the women they've chosen. I understand that love is in the eye of the beholder and whatnot, but I don't comprehend how they've committed to being with people so common and non-spectacular. They seem to make each other happy, and that's great, but I don't understand it.

I've had girlfriends. I haven't liked any of them but I figured maybe if I spent enough time with them I'd come to like them. I thought maybe that's what my friends did. It never worked, so I suppose I'm wrong.

What is wrong with me? Why is my worldview so skewed? Why can I not like a normal non-special girl like everyone else? Or rather, why can my mind not make the transition to liking regular girls like everyone else's mind seems to have done?
>>
>>17677123
I think part of the problem is that you don't know what you want in a girl. As you say the prom queen types have it all, which makes them attractive to you. The reason you may think all of your friends "settle" for "boring" girls is because they don't have what you find attractive.
>>
>>17677272
>they don't have what you find attractive
Is it wrong that I respect that they find them attractive, and I'm happy for them for being with someone they apparently like, yet I cannot comprehend how they do find them attractive? At all? I feel like there's a part of my brain that didn't develop.
>>
>>17677301
Honestly in my experience that's fine. I have had plenty of friends with girlfriends I didn't see much in, and sometimes my friends couldn't comprehend what I saw in some girls.
>>
>>17677315
Alright. I just feel bad about it I guess.
>>
>>17677123

>I don't comprehend how they've committed to being with people so common and non-spectacular

Have you considered the possibility that you, yourself, aren't that spectacular?

What about your superiority complex, judgmental personality and shallow moral compass leads you to believe that you deserve to be with someone "spectacular"?

Have you considered the possibility that your inability to see the value in anyone you don't deem as "spectacular" has actually prevented you from discovering the spectacular qualities in seemingly normal people?
>>
>>17677394
>Have you considered the possibility that you, yourself, aren't that spectacular?
Oh I know I'm not. Did I ever once state that I deserve to be with someone spectacular? Or that I expect to be with someone like that? I'm asking how I can stop being attractive to that tier of human because I know I don't deserve that, and nothing within my power can change that.

And, not to sound like a black woman, but you don't know me.

If anything, I have an inferiority complex. You seem to be projecting some pre-conceived notions onto me that are inaccurate, so I'm not sure if you want to try again or just let it go.
>>
>>17677394
and also, fyi, i was elected homecoming prince. which means nothing. unless someone else is elected. then i think it means something.

yes my mind is fucked. i must really hate myself.
>>
File: 1465938955882.jpg (54KB, 443x441px) Image search: [Google]
1465938955882.jpg
54KB, 443x441px
Did I mention I'm an asexual?
>>
File: 1459650376877.jpg (28KB, 511x484px) Image search: [Google]
1459650376877.jpg
28KB, 511x484px
>>
le bampu
>>
>prom/homecoming queen type
>non-whore

Pick one and only one.
>>
>>17677123

>they seem to actually be happy
>but how is that possible if someone isn't spectacular!!?

love isn't about how someone is special to everyone. its about how they're special to you. otherwise its not love, its fandom,.
>>
>>17679676
That's what I thought, which is why I tried being with a few girls for a good amount of time. No greater feelings developed. Perhaps I simply have yet to meet someone I find special to me.
>>
I have dated many prom/homecoming queen types (whore and non-whore), and they are a lot less spectacular than you seem to believe. They are just normal people.

After reading your posts, I still have no idea what the fuck you actually look for in a woman, and I don't think you actually do either. It sounds like you have an idea of the perfect woman in your head that every real girl is not going to compare to. Sounds like a lonely life.
>>
>>17679927
I know they're just normal people. I'm saying that I'm only attracted to them, and no other type of woman. I recognize that this is a juvenile mindset, and I'm confused as to how everyone around me has seemingly been able to grow out of it except me. I'm aspergers so maybe it's just that.

Everything you say is absolutely true. I don't know what I want in a woman, nor am I certain that I even want to be in a relationship. I've never wanted sex in my life, not even with the girls I'm attracted to (yep I have no fucking idea what's wrong with me). I'm just curious as to why I think the way I do. And searching for ways to change my thought process, because it does still suck to be attracted to a different species.
>>
>>17679943
But what are you attracted to? Their looks? What they do? Or do they literally have had to be a prom/homecoming queen for you to be attracted to them?
>>
>>17680011
There is a certain subset of features that I seem to be attracted to. Pic related is the closest I can find.

To your latter points, it's more of the personality type I think. I don't care about them actually being queen, but I've only been genuinely attracted to three girls in my life (that I've actually met and talked to) and, coincidentally or not, I find later that they were queen at some point. So I figure it's just that type of person.

As you can clearly tell, I don't know what I'm really talking about and I have trouble explaining how I feel about things. Thank you for engaging me in conversation about this. I do appreciate it.
>>
File: 1476678012608.png (75KB, 325x244px) Image search: [Google]
1476678012608.png
75KB, 325x244px
>>
File: 1474774885370.jpg (3KB, 124x118px) Image search: [Google]
1474774885370.jpg
3KB, 124x118px
>>
It sounds kinda like you just have autism. I'm not even memeing, you're just describing a very obvious symptom.
>>
>>17679943
>I'm aspergers so maybe it's just that.

There's your problem right there buddy. You can't get past looks because you can't relate to anything past that. You have no idea what being compatible is, or why that's important.
>>
>>17681709
>>17681727
Yeah, that makes sense. This whole discussion has genuinely helped me, and I feel much better about things now.

I was still confused as to why people still tend to view/treat others in higher regard than those around them, such as celebrities, yet are still able to like someone 'normal' (I really feel like I'm sounding condescending when I delineate people like that but idk how else to get my point across). But now I understand that those two wavelengths of though processes are different for normal people. Mine are the same. Thanks for helping me realize that.
>>
So then, why do people collectively vote for a specific person for queen? Why do they not all write-in their compatible match or whatever? Hm.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.