[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I strike up conversation with people? Not just like, "how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1473548725071.jpg (14KB, 324x451px) Image search: [Google]
1473548725071.jpg
14KB, 324x451px
How do I strike up conversation with people?
Not just like, "how 2 approach and speakles to a woman?", although that's definitely a part of it.

I mean just in general. I have literally no friends unless I already knew them from another friend. I don't feel uncomfortable with approaching new people or anything, it's just I never do because I have nothing to say.
>>
You just go up to someone and ask them a question.

People like to talk about themselves, just ask a question and you'll open them up.
>>
>>17676760
not this anon but i want to add that if people dont open up to you they are buttfrustrated assholes. You may feel like it's you that can't hold a conversation but it's very often them, a lot of people are just jerks who don't want to hold a conversation and they can get fucked. Remember that you are the better person for at least being open to a conversation.
>>
>>17676763
Person this post is replying to: Yes, I absolutely wholeheartedly agree.
>>
i had similar issues and one way im making friends now is by going to events, classes, concerts, etc alone and stuff that calls for social interaction. I would really suggest going to a concert and talking to the people around you because you all have something in common thats how i made some friends last week
>>
>>17676741
and i mean you all have something in common beause you obviosuly like the certain artist and you can engage in convos about their new albums and all that jazz and after concerts you can join a crowd whos going to grab dinner or going to the bar
>>
>>17676771
I met a girl I dated for a while that way. It's possible.
>>
>>17676763
>>17676767
Yes and no. Sometimes people are busy or otherwise want to be left alone, sometimes you might have said the wrong thing, or they're not comfortable talking to strangers. You need some level of social ability to gauge when is and isn't appropriate to just talk to people you don't know
>>
>>17676760
>JUST
>ask them a question.
Yeah like what?
I don't know them, I don't have anything I need to know, I don't have a question for them. And just randomly asking them "Hey! Do you like fishing?" seems weird as christ.

>>17676771
>events
>concerts
Don't really have any events here that aren't fruity "art in the park" things, and nobody plays concerts here that I actually like.
Also yeah, classes, and I've had some conversations about the class itself, but that pitters out inevitably and then we both fall silent.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.