[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is being called insecure an insult to males but just a normal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: XxOvM72.jpg (234KB, 1536x1152px) Image search: [Google]
XxOvM72.jpg
234KB, 1536x1152px
Why is being called insecure an insult to males but just a normal trait to women?

In nearly ever thread here I see the word insecurity is thrown around, and when it's about a male it's an awful, horrible thing but when women are insecure it's taken as "just let her know everything is alright :)"

>though most threads where the male is insecure the woman is legitimately testing him (not responding to texts, hanging out one on one with guys, etc are just a few examples from recent months) and he has a valid reason to be
>a girl will post being insecure and it'll be because her boyfriend doesn't pay all his attention to her
>>
>>17675337
Because men are supposed to be strong
>>
>>17675337
Gender roles.

Women are supposed to be caring and loving, emotional, weak, submissive. Men are supposed to be strong, unemotional, secure, dominant.
>>
Never thought about that
>>
>>17675340
>>17675347
>gender roles

I'm not even a lefty cuck but c'mon it's 2016
>>
>>17675356
Exactly, is 2016. Minorities and women can be whatever they fuck they want, men still have to be strong and productive or unwanted
>>
Unless you are top 1% of male population, it makes no sense to be secure.
>>
>>17675356
Come on! We've decided to change mentality 40 years ago. There is no way we're still slightly influenced by something that has been going on for 5000 years.

I don't think it is necessarily right or reasonable, but gender roles are definitely still a thing.
>>
>>17675337
Also most men find womens insecurities to be really fucking annoying if they're not the type of asshole to ruthlessly exploit them.
>>
>>17675368
This.

>>17676576
And this. Insecure women are just as annoying as insecure men.
>>
>>17675337
Women have never needed to be secure. Its not a hallmark of femininity, its not especially useful as a survival mechanism, its neither attractive nor off-putting. At best, a secure sense of self is psychologically healthy but socially irrelevant for women in a western social sphere.

Men, however, need to be secure. Being insecure means feeling doubt, it means feeling as if you do not measure up, it means feeling as if you are not qualified to compete. Insecurity directly undermines every social message about masculinity there is. Calling a man insecure is effectively calling his manhood into question.
>>
>Why is being called insecure an insult to males but just a normal trait to women?

Because women are still expected to be weak. I don't find weakness attractive in anyone, and was lucky to have had a strong, capable wife (RIP).

The expectation of weakness is the real insult. Know the difference between sensitivity and weakness, compassion and weakness, and dizzyness and weakness. Weakness is bad. Weakness is to be UNDERSTOOD because you cannot overcome what you don't understand.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.