[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /adv/, I have a problem. I used to play a lot of counterstrike

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: csgoranks.jpg (75KB, 528x396px) Image search: [Google]
csgoranks.jpg
75KB, 528x396px
Hi /adv/, I have a problem. I used to play a lot of counterstrike - as in, spent entire days doing nothing but that. It was so time-consuming, though, and the community was so shitty, that I had to force myself to quit. The only problem is that the game was still fun. I could just wake up and enjoy CS:GO unlike any other game, and I still feel I can. I got so wrapped up in it that I even snacked less, and as a result lost a lot of weight, until I was no longer obese.

That's great and all, but I'm upset that nothing else comes as close to exciting as that now. I spend a lot of time on the internet, I listen to music, and I read, but they're all boring compared to the pleasure I had in CS, shitty teams aside.

How should I overcome this? Can you guys think of any other exciting hobbies that aren't difficult/expensive?
>>
I find it funny that CS GO has some ranking system like that. Does it even mean anything? I see people talking about this shit but it makes no sense to me, like people think something you do with pub scrubs means something?

I used to play a lot of 1.6, I played in WCG, if you were good, you were good.
>>
File: 1411650994715.png (1MB, 919x720px) Image search: [Google]
1411650994715.png
1MB, 919x720px
>nothing else comes as close to exciting as that now

Part of growing up kid. Nothing excites me anymore
>>
I don't know man, if you're not enjoying the stuff you're doing now as much as the game you were playing before I'd say the solution is pretty easy, just start playing again.
>>
I don't see an issue with playing it, play it in moderation though.
Just be really careful and make sure you are doing other things throughout the day, like work, eating or something. Set yourself requirements before you allow yourself to play each day. I think it's perfectly fine to have hobbies like gaming, so long as it makes you happy, you don't let it consume you and it doesn't stop you from fulfilling other necessities.
>>
If you love playing csgo, why stop?
>>
>>17673419
I don't care about rank, I just know I was shit. Could never get past Gold Nova 2 with 1000+ hours. Call me shit if you'd like, but it's a good thing to me. I have less of a reason to go back to the game.

>>17673423
I had that happen to me with most videogames, it really is sad. My first experiences with them were what I imagine crack to be like.

>>17673434
I see what you mean, but it's such a massive waste of time, and the game is only getting shittier now, that I can't rationalize it.

>>17673438
>>17673439
DESU I don't care that much about CS. I just want some suggestions from you guys on more productive things I could do instead.
>>
>>17673445

I don't know, most things are a waste of time in the long run. If you're going out of your way to do less fun things solely because you feel guilty for doing the more fun thing, doesn't that seem silly?
>>
>>17673445
But playing cs is productive, being happy is being productive. Just don't let it consume you like you previously did.
>>
>>17673445
I can't call you shit as I have no idea what that means. What I mean is that in 1.6 there was no such thing as ranks, everything was based off of raw performance.
>>
the new gun sounds have deffinately pushed me towards quitting for good. between that and changing the recoil every few months and other fundemental parts of the game, i just cant deal with these dev's shit.
>>
>>17673445
>gold nova 2

My brother is the second gold ak.

and he has like 200 hrs n told me he started playing this summer

u are shit, so just dont play
>>
>>17673463
It's fun, but every time I've gone back (at least 3), I've regretted it. The mega shitty, racist community gives me constant headaches, I always feel dissatisfied with my rank but don't like the pace/demands of improving, and I don't like the idea that I spend months on end making no progress in any way. Literally the only way you can measure evolution in the game is skill, and if I don't want to improve, I'm putting my time into a vortex.

I like reading because it builds on itself. You can become a better reader, and use past knowledge to form new things. It's relevant to real-life, too. This is why it's better than CS, even if it's not as "fun". I just want a new fun hobby that's not shit.

>>17673473
Yeah, definitely this. The game has fallen off hard in the past few years.

>>17673475
>u are shit
I know
>>
>>17673481

Hmm. I don't know the solution then I'm afraid; it honestly doesn't sound like you'd be getting that fun even if you went back to playing it regularly.

There are a lot of games out nowadays which run on similar Skinner Box tech. Have you tried any others out to see if you'd enjoy them? Maybe try something that's PVE instead of PVP; then you don't have to worry so much about not being able to keep up. Have you ever played Warframe?
>>
>>17673409
it's highly likely you don't understand the game if you enjoy it.
>>
>>17673492
>Have you ever played Warframe?
No.

I think most online games do that Skinner's Box type of thing. If I'm going to do video games right now, I would like something single-player - something that's entertaining and can run on an old PC (it can just barely play Dark Souls). Any ideas?

>>17673501
wut
>>
>>17673509
uh stalker?
I don't know what your favorite type of game is.
>>
play quake live - same aim, but it won't take as much time, since it is so hard and you will get burnt out/satiated after playing idk, 25 mins, unlike 3-4 comp matches taking 40 min each

also 1000 hrs and gn2, damn ur a scrub
>>
>>17673501

I get that. Not OP but I play and enjoy a bunch of games that other people hate (usually people who have played the game for a long time), I presume I'm just too dumb to be really aggravated by the same stuff they are.
>>
>>17673512
I'll try that, thanks. I don't have any genre preferences, it's been too long.
>>
>>17673521
You should probably install an overhaul mod if you play that by the way.

Most people "hate" complete but there's actually not that much wrong with it. It does make the game slightly easier in some areas but it's usually with stuff that's annoying to deal with like the weight limit being slightly more. Autumn aurora is probably a more authentic experience though and ultimately better.

Either way, installing either is a pretty automated experience and makes the game better.
>>
>>17673535
Do you know about playing it on linux?
>>
>>17673538
No, I don't, sorry. There seems to be ways to play it on WINE though with a quick google search and somebody apparently has been working on a full port.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.