[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I buy a nice expensive car which I like and will enjoy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6219.png (278KB, 992x726px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6219.png
278KB, 992x726px
Should I buy a nice expensive car which I like and will enjoy owning or a cheap car which will get me from A to B but which I won't enjoy at all? The price difference is $15,000.
>>
Do you have that kind of disposable income in the first place? You won't be going into too much debt over a shiny new car?
If yes, are there other things you might consider spending that money on? Is the car the best use of that money?
>>
The latter, unless you already own everything you could ever want and $15k is nothing to you.
>>
>>17673411
I won't be going into any debt over either car. With the more expensive one, I'll just lose $15,000 more of my own savings.
>>
>>17673414
It's not 'nothing' but it's not the end of the world. I have a pretty good job and about $85,000 in savings.
>>
Get the nice car and drive it until it dies. You will feel good about yourself for saving and buying a great car that you really want.
>>
>>17673417
Eh again then, just gotta decide if that's the best use of your cash. I did something similar on a smaller scale tho, since I am poor af. I needed a new cell phone, my old one was busted. I could have gone the cheaper route and got a decent samsung smartphone, even though I have not been happy with my past samsungs, or I could have gotten the phone I fell in love with since it launched but was ridiculously overpriced.
I ended up getting the phone I wanted. At first, I was a little anxious over taking that hit to my bank account, thinking maybe I should have gotten the cheaper phone because what if something happens and I really needed that money blah blah blah.
But after owning it for a few months, I feel really good about my decision. I love this phone and I'm glad I bought it. And there hasn't been any other pricey items I've considered buying as of lately either too.
>>
>>17673417
Well if you're not gonna go into debt I'd say treat yourself to a nice car
>>
>>17673421
Surely there must be something in between though? Personally I'd go for the cheaper car and buy a house or something, but it's your money.

Also I hope you're aware that the new car will greatly depreciate in value the minute you drive it out the yard.
>>
>>17673436
There's a cheaper version of the nicer car but it's pretty basic. It's about $10,000 more than the cheap car.
>>
Are you into cars?
>>
>>17673459
I do enjoy them. I'm not into them, as it modifying them and shit, but I do like nice ones.
>>
>>17673455
Eh, I'd still go with the cheaper one. Shop around though, you might find something that's an older model of the more expensive car or a newer model of the cheaper car. I mean, it's not like you literally have just these two/three to choose from
>>
>>17673406
Had a similar question, although it was $10k difference.
Decided to buy the car I would enjoy, no regrets. Every single time I drive it - I have the thought that I chose the right thing.
But yeah, I have disposable income so spending that money does not put me in any debts.
Just do it if you have the money.
>>
>>17673466
Honestly if you're fine with a car that gets you from a to b then I'd get the cheap car.
Can I ask what the car is?
I currently have an older classic car which everytime I get into it and drive I get enjoyment out of it, if I wasn't into cars it would be unnecessary and a waste of money.
>>
>>17673406
>nice expensive car which I like and will enjoy

Yeah, you might enjoy it for the first month or so. Then you won't really care as much...

If you have lots of money to blow, by all means, get the nice car. But if it means taking out a loan and spending more than you have, then don't.

Cars have terrible value since it goes down dramatically as soon as the wheels leave the lot, so I personally would not unless I could pay the cost very quickly/immediately with no stress

So yeah, ask yourself if that period of enjoyment is worth $15,000 dollars to you and ask yourself if you can comfortably spend that money
>>
>>17673485
Cheap car is Toyota Corolla.

Expensive car is Subaru Forester.
>>
>>17673508
If you're really looking for a fun car there are most definitely cheaper and better ones on the second hand market. You're probably better off with the cheaper car.
>>
>>17673508
>Expensive car is Subaru Forester.

lol Just get the Corolla. You're going to be impressing absolutely nobody either way. Just save your money, because you're obviously not wealthy
>>
>>17673508
wut

Just get the cheap car. There are plenty of fun-to-drive cars you can get for cheap

No matter what you do, I'd say get used variants to save even more
>>
More importantly, why are you turning to an anonymous board of unqualified people to figure out a deal involving over 15 thousand dollars? Go ask somebody who knows what they're talking about. Its 15 thousand dollars. This isn't something you try to solve using an anime image board on the internet.
>>
>>17673406
INVEST YOU FUCK, WHY ARE PEOPLE SO FUCKING STUPID, THIS IS WHY YOU WILL NEVER MAKE BIG MONEY.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.