[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is is better to speak your mind and then ask for someone's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: what.png (185KB, 506x181px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
185KB, 506x181px
Is is better to speak your mind and then ask for someone's opinion or to ask someone's opinion and then speak your mind?
>>
Depends on how comfortable you are in the situation. Asking someone to share their opinion first puts them in the same situation you're trying to avoid.
>>
>>17673078
Depends on the subject at hand. I prefer the latter approach generally, since it won't cloud the opinion of my speaker with mine first.
>>
>>17673078
depends on what you wanna do

if you want to be liked, it's better to ask for someone's opinion and then speak your mind (or never speak your mind and agree completely)

if you want to influence the person it's better to speak your mind then ask his opinion
>>
I have a preference for the former. Feel like the latter can come across a bit like you're doing the old, asking a question because you actually want to tell your own reply. Especially if it's a topic you already have a solid opinion on that you can just rattle off.

But both sound a bit unnatural to me, in my experience what usually happens is that either the other person expresses some sign that you can use to ask for more info on what they think about it, or while/after you are talking you can tell they don't fully agree and you can ask to explain their viewpoint. So in that case the best one is the one that most organically fits the situation and does not require you to force an opening to make your point.
>>
>>17673078
I prefer to first speak my mind and then ask.
It has the advantage of making you look more honest and humble.
Because with the other way around, it seems that the other's opinion is just a way for you to introduce your own...
A bit like when someone ask how you're doing just so that you will ask the same and allow him to talk about himself.
If you've got something to say, say it. If you're interested in what someone else has to say because it relates to one of your opinions, then first provide this opinion so that he knows what the discussion is about.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.