[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /adv/ I am an alcoholic and I have been sober for 28 days

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1464516650336.png (1MB, 792x1224px) Image search: [Google]
1464516650336.png
1MB, 792x1224px
Hello /adv/
I am an alcoholic and I have been sober for 28 days today. Thing is, I feel like I'm about to relapse. I don't have any friends, and I don't have any hobbies. I'm not looking for friends, but I really need a hobby. I just don't know what to do. I don't have a lot of money so it has to be cheap. What do you got? Picture is, apparently, the only one I have on my phone.
>>
Go for walks, visit the library and read some books, take up drawing or writing. Writing especially just jot down your thoughts and stuff reflect on your days sober so far. Find free stuff to do where you live and do those things.
>>
JUST CHILL ..LISTEN TO SOME RAP AND SMOKE CRACK
>>
OR JUST SUCK IT UP AND DONT B SO B
>>
IN ALL SERIOUSILYNESSES CHILL AND JUST DONT DRINK AND DONT SMOKE AND DONT BLA BLA BLA ...HOPE THIS HELPS ..MAYBE YOUKUST HAVE A WEAK SKIN ?.
>>
File: 008_1000.jpg (21KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
008_1000.jpg
21KB, 1000x750px
>>
File: 1476431924374s.jpg (6KB, 250x220px) Image search: [Google]
1476431924374s.jpg
6KB, 250x220px
>>
>>17672901

Hey dude, alcoholic here. I've stopped before (I'm drinking again) to some success.

I think the biggest thing that has helped me when I do stop drinking is that ultimately, you're in control. There's nothing forcing you to pick up that bottle, to take a drink. You are the master of your own movements and decisions, at least in this case. Literally, just don't move your hand to pick up the bottle.

As to why? That's your own personal choice. I stop drinking to be in shape for girls. I stop drinking because my grandfather died of cirrhosis. I stop because I remember my drunk dad beating me up as a kid.

Whatever motivation you have, own it. Just don't pick up the bottle.

I hope that helps.
>>
File: 1476243777198s.jpg (6KB, 250x143px) Image search: [Google]
1476243777198s.jpg
6KB, 250x143px
>>
You've done very well so far man. I understand this feeling and yes this feeling does pass. Whatever you do, hold it off. Get something decent to eat inside you for one, next have something sugary. If you have any vitamin C in right now, also take that, then get plenty of water.

The food here is the most crucial along with the sugar, helps badly with the cravings. Although right now there are reasons why you are thinking a drink right now would do you good, the reality is that for whatever reason you felt it was more than necessary to quit alcohol for this long.

A good hobby is jogging. Very cheap, doesn't require you to buy a shit ton of food in bulk like when you are lifting weights and is very good for the mind, lowers cravings, lowers anxiety and depression. You should do this everyday, once you get into it you will start to love it and wonder why you haven't bothered.

Take care man, you can do this.

t. someone who has gone 9 month without a drop.
>>
>>17673591

I'm not OP, but I'm the other poster... what motivated you to put it down, and are you in any programs?

I tried AA and it didn't take. The biggest problem being that I don't really "want" to quit, but I know that I should.
>>
>>17673604
You just have to really want to quit. For me it was taking a toll on the way I felt, that raw depressing feeling where you constantly feel ill, where you guts are off and everything feels grey and depressing, when you wake up in the morning feeling like utter shit, the anxiety.. that is when I stopped.

You only look back on it fondly through rose tinted glasses and the first week on the stuff feels great till it declines into misery again.

Basically I wanted quality sleep, I wanted a stable mood, I wanted to feel normal.

The sleep is the best thing in the world, nothing beats it.
>>
definitely get a hobby, do anything to take up time. video games, working out, a side job, cleaning, whatever. i suggest something outdoors like doing survival skills related things, thats what occupies my mind.
>>
>>17673610

I took three months away from it earlier this year. On the outside, I saw the positive effect. lost weight. On the inside, nothing felt different besides being less social, and more trapped in my home - avoiding all of the fun things people were doing.

I've never slept well.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.