[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need some advice from any legally enlightened anons. Long story

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1476320128131.gif (3MB, 267x199px) Image search: [Google]
1476320128131.gif
3MB, 267x199px
Need some advice from any legally enlightened anons. Long story short my long term relationship ended, I had to move out, but my ex was nice enough to let me leave some things there until I had the space for them (treadmill, computer, and desk.) Now she's suddenly saying that she's keeping all those things even though they were all gifts for me last Christmas. Right now it seems like my options are to take her to court which will take forever OR go to her house when she's not there and just take me stuff. I'm not sure what to do here.
>>
File: 20150555678d553df89.jpg (106KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
20150555678d553df89.jpg
106KB, 800x600px
Court is out.
>>
>asks for legal help
>doesn't even leave hints as to where you live
Why do people do this? I'm a law student and I'd like to help where I can, but I'm not going to waste my time if there's a good chance what I have to say is useless to you
>>
=======Bridge========

~~~~~~~Water~~~~~~~~
>>
>>17671480
Didn't think about that. I live in Florida
>>
>>17671453
DO NOT just go there and take them. That is certainly trespassing and breaking & entering, and could be interpreted as theft.

WHY is she refusing to return them? Is the argument really about something else, so that if you mollified her over her real grievance she'd back down about this?

How long has it been since you moved out? She could be legitimately annoyed that you are using her home as a free storage space.

If you go to court, choose Small Claims Court. No lawyers, pretty quick resolution.
>>
im not buying the story anon
you were gifted a desk and a treadmill and a computer for xmas?
what?
do you have the receipts saying its yours?
do you have keys?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.