[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /adv/, I've got a bit of a relationship problem that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Hi /adv/, I've got a bit of a relationship problem that I could use some help with. So I'm in a long distance relationship with someone I care deeply about, however recently I ran into one of my ex's and it's really stirred me up emotionally. Me and this ex weren't together very long, but we were very close for a very long period of time before we became a couple. We broke it off barely after a week, and it was a good 6-7 months until I got with my current girlfriend. We broke it off on strange terms with little closure, and I'm pretty sure that's the reason it stirred up old emotions. However, I've been beating myself up emotionally recently because I absolutely love the girl I'm with, but I feel guilty about these feelings that have been brought back from my ex. I want to move on with my life with my current girlfriend, and finally let this old one go and out of my heart.

Can provide my information if needed
>>
>>17670968
first : acknowledge your feelings and don't feel bad for having them
>>
>>17670968
Please tell us more. What happened between you and your ex?
>>
>>17670995
So I accidentally confessed to her early that I loved her(because of our long history beforehand she goated it out of me as a joke and got the real answer), and this put her off the relationship pretty quickly as would be expected. She veered off from our relationship, and that's when we ended up breaking up. I kind of lingered onto her for a bit, but in the end I distanced myself from her completely cutting off contact to move on with my life. Ended up getting with the girl I'm with now a bit later, and have been with her for about 7 months. Ran into ex recently at a get together with some friends watching movies, and we had mild chats at each other rather than to each other so not much interaction.
>>
>>17671003
That's quite a complicated case, because if you have been so close, and haven't had a proper closure, it is certain that things will be awkward between both you. But awkward feelings towards someone you had a story with doesn't mean you're still in love and want to be with her.

You have said on the original post that you feel guilty about certain old feelings, old emotions. The obvious question here is, do you still /love/ your ex? That's an question only you can answer, and once you know the deepest desire of your heart, then your course of action will be clear.

And you can't avoid this question forever. If you really do wish her to be with you, you better do it before your long-distance relationship gets serious. You have to be sincere with yourself, no matter how hard it is. If you ever plan to meet and even live with your current girl, you need to be sure that you don't have romantic feelings for anyone else.

You see, I met my fianceƩ on the internet. We've been together for 3 1/2 years. We have been through some fantastic times together, and some very, very rough times together. But I know that I'm with someone that I know that is my soulmate no matter how many fights or rough times we have, and that's what makes a relationship last.
>>
>>17671046
The problem is that things have already become serious in the relationship I'm currently in. It's just difficult because I haven't even thought about my ex girlfriend much if at all in the last 6 months, and I'm just all mixed up about why these feelings have popped up so strongly after barely talking to her once. I'll try and sort out my emotions and thoughts better before I make any decision, but you're right I don't want to lead my girlfriend on if there's someone else that I want.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.