[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Neighbor died today, his teen kid kept crying desperately. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: rrijoa.png (355KB, 853x482px) Image search: [Google]
rrijoa.png
355KB, 853x482px
Neighbor died today, his teen kid kept crying desperately. I can't get her screaming out of my head, and while I disliked my neighbor I feel down for the whole situation.

I can't stop thinking about his daughter, and her crying and screams. Am I going to remember her crying for the rest of my life?
>>
Is she legal?
>>
>>17670715
Time to masturbate.
>>
>>17670752
>>17670949
I love you /adv/

>>17670715
Likely yes.
>>
>>17670715
Unless you make some sort of impact in that girls life to allow you to remember you helped her past that then yes you'll live with that for as long as you can remember.
>>
You'll be fine.

I had a friend doing a cardiac attack, called the ambulance and his mom. Saw him die, saw his mom see her dead son. He was 18.

I cried, felt bad for a week then it went better. Now it's been 8 years and I even laugh about some details in the situation.
>>
>>17671470
What the fuck man
>>
>>17671470
Jesus
>>
>>17670715
>I can't stop thinking about his daughter, and her crying and screams. Am I going to remember her crying for the rest of my life?
Pretty much.
Your first thing like that sticks with you, if you witness more stuff like it you won't be as badly affected though.
>>
>>17671470

What details in particular are funny?
>>
>>17670715
It's the first day that it happened, it'll take time but you'll recover. Humans are more resiliant than we think we are.
>>
>>17671792
His face looked funny after he died. Like he had choked on a massive dick or something.
>>
You might. Doing something to help them, even in a small way, can turn these memories into something less painful.

There's a tradition in the American South of bringing a hot meal over to families who have just experienced loss. There's a shocking amount of logistical crap that one has to deal with in the wake of a loved one's death, and being able to relieve some of the more normal day-to-day stresses can really brighten up a tough time.

My advice: cook up a big pot of vegetable soup and bring it over, with your sympathies. I suggest vegetable soup as a mostly safe choice for something people would like: chicken soup is a more traditional comfort food, but could lead to Awkwardness if there are any vegetarians over there.
>>
>>17671470
You're fucked.
>>
>>17671895
>>17671779
>>17671783
Is this a samefag? Laughter is a healthy responce to a stressful situation such as that one.
>>
>>17671899
No, not at all.
>>
>>17671899
Thinking back and laughing at moments during your friends death doesn't really count.
>>
>>17671899
>i laugh because im in denial of death
Ha ha yeah bro, very funny!
>>
>>17671899
Yeah, you're emotionally stunted or a psychopath...
>>
>>17671899
>laughter as a defence mechanism is healthy
>>
Yes, you will probably remember that forever, but you will think of it less as the years go on.
If that makes any sense.
>>
>>17671899
You're in denial.
>>
>>17671956
>>17671923
>>17671908
>>17671895
Dudebros.

My mom died from complications from alzheimers. Yo mama so forgetful jokes are a constant staple in my life. If you think laughing at death is so fucked up then you clearly havent experienced it. Defer to those who have.
>>
>>17672302
This is a very unhealthy worldview, bro. Talk to a therapist.
>>
>>17671899
You're right, people do sometimes react in abnormal ways while under intense stress, people laugh, or have stupid smiles on their face, or whatever, their brain is too overwhelmed and the wrong emotions show. But that's in the moment, not looking back on it years later and going "Haha yeah my friend had a massive heart attack and died right in front of me and it was fucking hilarious because he had a silly look on his face".

A reaction like that isn't normal at all, and it's honestly a sign that you haven't grieved normally at all, and are just using humor as a defence mechanism to avoid having to do so.

See a therapist.
>>
>Be doctor
>See people die everyday
>See family members screaming, crying and even rolling around on the floor while crying.
>Just another normal day in my life
>>
>>17672448
It's best to try to acknowledge anything that might be positive (as well as negative in other situations) rather than only give in to memories of grief and fear. It didn't have to be "fucking hilarious" of course, it might've been mildly or slightly funny. Also I'm not OP, to remove any possible confusion.
>>
File: 1476473427149.gif (370KB, 350x265px) Image search: [Google]
1476473427149.gif
370KB, 350x265px
>>17670715
Why didn't you stop her screams OP? Why didn't you help her? Why didn't you make the pain go away?
>>
>>17672320
Everybody dies bro, no point letting the fear control you until your own time comes.

It's not him making light of someone else's death, it's just one way of coping with the details.
>>
>>17672320
I also cried for days when my mom died but that doesn't stop me from being able to laugh about it. Also you're assuming I don't see a therapist. Multiple therapists have told me making light of death is a natural and healthy part of grief.

Don't tell people their "worldview is unhealthy" when you clearly don't understand their situation.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.