[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm great, genius even, at everything except math. I am

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9

File: ddd.jpg (626KB, 864x1250px) Image search: [Google]
ddd.jpg
626KB, 864x1250px
I'm great, genius even, at everything except math. I am at elementary school understanding when it comes to math and mathematics related thinking. What major/career path should I go into? Pref. with lots of income.
>>
What do you like doing what hobbies do you have?
>>
File: 1475709039712.jpg (6KB, 169x180px) Image search: [Google]
1475709039712.jpg
6KB, 169x180px
>>17670663
>calls himself a genius

>struggles at math

ehl oh ehl
>>
>>17670663
If you were a genius you could easily learn it and grasp it. Anyway, so just go into anything that isn't STEM.
>>
>>17670671
I was an art prodigy then quit because I realized I couldn't make a career out of it without ruining what I enjoyed most about it. I write well and want to pursue it later in my life as a serious novelist.
I'm into politics, theology, history, literature, film, art, people, debate and biology (up to chemistry). I just don't want a shitty lib art job that equates to barista or journalist or something low prestige that couldn't afford rent in CA and wouldn't enable me to pursue my hobbies.
>>17670688
I've tried many times, over and over and it never worked. My dad is an engineer and rocket scientist and I can't do shit. I can do design and open-ended type of engineering in that vein but any hard maths I completely blow at if it isn't written out to me or on a calculator.
>>17670685
Plenty of non-maths related geniuses out there. I use the term loosely.
>>
Get your PhD in math. Starting salary of $300k with any job you want
>>
>>17670707
I'd rather kill myself
>>
File: 1471753783713.png (4KB, 232x266px) Image search: [Google]
1471753783713.png
4KB, 232x266px
>>17670706
>Plenty of non-maths related geniuses out there

Calling yourself a genius, even loosely, is usually a good sign that you are 100% not a genius and full of shit. You're even calling yourself a "prodigy" to sweeten the pot.

If you want a straight answer, many high end jobs involve math i.e. STEM. If you're so incredible at everything, become a lawyer, start a business/work in sales and advance to a managerial position, teach yourself code, etc. Just don't carry your ego with you.
>>
>>17670742
I am/was a prodigy in art. However that holds little meaning because art is art and won't pay the bills unless I engage in money laundering. Don't be so distraught. My situation is a sad one and no matter how I pepper myself I'm no better than anyone else.
>>
>>17670758
>I am/was a prodigy in art

According to?

>situation is a sad one
No, it isn't. You're just afraid of math and like to stick to subjects that involve little to none of it.

As I said, if you're so good at everything, including people and debate, become a lawyer or work in business. You'd think a genius can think of this answer himself.
>>
>>17670663
Dude do web design, UX design, graphic design, architecture. Try to narrow yourself down to what you feel like but don't be afraid to switch in college to what you would really love.

Best Bachelor of Arts if you just want some old bullshit is probably Psychology, then do either law or therapist and you'll make decent bank.
>>
File: Black Ops.jpg (58KB, 1000x400px) Image search: [Google]
Black Ops.jpg
58KB, 1000x400px
>>17670663

I was in the same boat but I had diagnosed ADD.

Got on Adderall and crawled my way from Math 083 to Math 230; which is more than I needed for my major (Accounting) but I push myself even further.

Never stop learning, ever.

THE NUMBERS MASON, WHAT DO THEY MEAN?!?
>>
I'm borderline illiterate when it comes to math, but am proficient in almost every other subject. Though you calling yourself a genius and a prodigy makes you sound narcissistic and pretentious. I'd suggest looking in business or law or even accounting which from my understanding doesn't require complex math (Though I may be wrong).
Though if you are really distraught about Math practice it. Math is a skill like anything else and the only way to get good at it... Is to practice (Something I should probably do too) It'll require a lot of motivation, but it'll be worth it in the long run.
>>
>>17670663

Marketing.

You just come up with new ways to get suckers to buy your shit and always be one step ahead of the competition.

It's fun and it pays well if you're good at it.

Plus it's the 'Blackhole of Business' since companies/business need people to know they exist and are willing to pay any amount it takes to achieve that.
>>
>>17670758
>>17670663

You've been gamed. Any genius will automatically be good at math if they're willing to take the time to learn it.

The reasoning behind this is simple: math does not exist anywhere, it is simply the language we use to describe the universe around us. Moreover, if a thing exists, it can be described mathematically. Even things that don't exist can be described mathematically.

Every philosophical argument boils down to mathematical logic. Every piece of art can be dissected into pieces and described mathematically; neuroscience has even gotten good enough to the point where a scientist can predict if you will like a new piece of art simply by asking you questions about your personality. How? Through mathematical models.

Sorry bub, but you're normal, just like everybody else.
>>
>>17670817

As an accounting major I can confirm you don't need more than Brief Calculus MAT218.

But even then you don't use anything more than basic algebra in Excel and the algorithms are already in place; you job is just to triple check the numbers, sign off on them and give them to your boss/CFO.
>>
>>17670809
I can crawl, but damn, accounting? If you're the same way, why accounting? That shit is nothing but number crunches.
>>17670800
Thanks, I'll look more into UX design, I had it as a lead then kinda fell off. I'll look into all the design jobs, have more confidence in it now, the math is just offputting--what little there is.
>>17670795
You want my credentials? What's the point? I have them, but I don't need my ego fed. Pointless. You know me better than I know myself, right? I'm not afraid of math, I'm just not good at it, and I've tried very hard at it.
>>
same. math is just memorization and arbitrary rules that can be done much more efficiently with computers, has nothing to do with knowledge

do any business major that isnt finance, econ or accounting
>>
>>17670817
Prodigy in art is truth (but come on, it's art), and genius part about the other shit is just a dysphemism.
>>17670827
I'll think about it, kind of a stigma though, of being a scumbug if you're into marketing, lol.
>>17670828
Sounds about right, and I'm not into it.
>>
>>17670838

Because people assume it's literally, boring ass bean counting and they would go insane if they had to do it so good accountants are always in demand.

I handle the accounting for small businesses; one client owns three dry cleaner stores. Now that's a heavily cash based business so the IRS loves to randomly audit them because of how easy it is to commit fraud and tax evasion.

His company was audited three months ago and he needed a fucking Operator-tier accountant to get that shit taken care of. I told him I would have it done in five days and he would pass with flying colors; he didn't believe me.

I got it done and he was so impressed he leased me a 'company' car that I also use as my personal car and I just say it's a 'company' car so I can write it off on his taxes, haha.

Anyways, it's easy stuff man; you just need to learn the basics and then get some experience. A lot of accounting majors go intern for one of the 'Big 4' and get literally get worked to fucking death just to get hands on experience to prepare them for the CPA exam.

I said fuck that and started doing the books for a few mechanics in my neighborhood, then a day spa and then the dry-cleaners; I can take the CPA tomorrow and pass while those kids who are interning for free are being taught nothing.

They're free labor to those companies.
>>
>>17670663
>I'm great, genius even, at everything except math.
Then it should be piss easy for you to find the right job, right? You wouldn't ask a question kids struggle with, would you?

6/10 for making me reply.
>>
File: 1476237646031.jpg (27KB, 448x461px) Image search: [Google]
1476237646031.jpg
27KB, 448x461px
>>17670838
>but I don't need my ego fed

You'd be preaching to the choir. Your ego seems bloated already.

>I'm not good at it
Most people can become good/decent at math. It's a skill that comes through practice. And you're turning away from it because sucking at math doesn't make you feel like a genius.

I'll ask again: If you're so good at everything except math and you're genius-level at those things, why are you here asking for help?
>>
>>17670876
Wow, that's really impressive. I love the way you handled that shit. Yeah, now I'm interested. Unorthodox methods and playing systems really gets me going. I'll look into it. I'm a slav immigrant so dodging/forging/evading against police/bribes/audits/taxes is in my blood.
>>
>>17670869

Every profession has a stigma attached to it.

Accountants - Been counters who no hearts.
Marketing - Scum bags who just want your money.
Physiologists - Little Freud Jr. wannabes.
Doctors - Quacks.
Etc.
>>
>>17670888
Just to see if any new information comes up. I lose nothing by asking. If anyone has the same situation but a different perspective. Who cares? I get something out of it, even if I already know the answer to it.
I don't know why you think geniuses in general already have the answer for themselves. They only have the answer if they have a passion and some autist focusing on one thing deal where math or whatever they specialize in is all they do.
>>
>>17670893
Yeah, just wanted to see what you thought of the statement. I was thinking of going into psychiatry but my parents were ex-soviets who strongly believed it was for wackos who imprisoned political dissidents. I'm more sensitive to stigma.
>>
File: Comrade Doge.jpg (47KB, 960x955px) Image search: [Google]
Comrade Doge.jpg
47KB, 960x955px
>>17670892

Math like any other subject is about fundamentals. Once you have a rock solid understanding of Algebra the rest is easy as fuck.

Until you start getting up into the more abstract 'pure' mathematics that are never used unless you're a engineer or work for NASA.

You claim you're a genius and my gut says you're quite smart but even you have an Achilles Heel, it's math.

And in life you're only as strong as your weakest link.

Take that however you will, comrade.
>>
>>17670913
Damn, that hit me hard. I'm going back to college again soon, I will take that advice to heart. Thanks.
>>
File: Like a Boss.jpg (34KB, 310x320px) Image search: [Google]
Like a Boss.jpg
34KB, 310x320px
>>17670925

Good, I wasn't trying to insult you; I simply wanted you to take a step back and look at the 'big picture'.

Go to college, study hard, do your best, destroy the grading curve for all those retards who depend on it to pass the class but never forget to have fun; I've seen people literally have psychotic breaks from studying inefficiently and cramming at the last second because they're undisciplined fucking retards.

You and I laugh at people like that because we're smarter than they are, posses more cunning and are just plain fucking better than them.

I would wish you good luck but there's no such thing and you wouldn't need it anyways.
>>
File: 1474314550984.jpg (13KB, 252x317px) Image search: [Google]
1474314550984.jpg
13KB, 252x317px
>>17670942
>You and I laugh at people like that because we're smarter than they are, posses more cunning and are just plain fucking better than them.
>>
>>17670948

Sorry, I meant possess.

And when you're talented, you develop the ability to identify other talented people; even if they're not aware of it yet.

Stay salty.
>>
File: 1471829577550.png (5KB, 435x269px) Image search: [Google]
1471829577550.png
5KB, 435x269px
>>17670958
>"talented genius"

>can't even spell lol

>can sense who is talented by reading a couple of posts

>fedora-tier enlightened ego

yeah, sure thing
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.