[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Being born diagnosed with High Functioning Autism is a hopeless

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_3541.jpg (47KB, 293x293px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3541.jpg
47KB, 293x293px
Being born diagnosed with High Functioning Autism is a hopeless case. Your cursed from an early age with social anxiety and being an awkward nutcase, plus you'll never be able to achieve the ideals of society like dating a really pretty girl. I'm 20 years old, have no drivers license, and am a man with no previous job experience living in the garbage job climate of Tucson, AZ that doesn't give anyone that didn't work in their teen years a chance. I have an apprenticeship at a local music studio to gain skills in audio engineering but I want cash now so I can buy weed for medicine. Also I'm ineligible for medical marijuana to help me function like a productive adult because the state doesn't consider having autism as a qualifying condition. But California would immediately shoe me in. How do I end my life? I suffer everyday from depression, hate perscription meds (terrible withdrawal, Guanfacine & Concerta didn't do anything and only made me want to get high off concerta as it had Ritalin in it), and have the perception that I am too socially awkward to keep dealers. Put a gun to my head and pull the trigger.
>>
Well first thing is first, blaming your autism for not getting a driving license is fucking stupid. You are just a lazy dipshit who doesn't even have the balls to do something anybody can do.

Go online, learn the material and do the test. Get your g1 dude.

That is step one. Once you finish that come back for more steps.
>>
>>17670504
>Well first thing is first, blaming your autism for not getting a driving license is fucking stupid. You are just a lazy dipshit who doesn't even have the balls to do something anybody can do.

Not him, but I'm a fellow autist who can tell you that isn't necessarily true. I'm 24 and I've been trying to get my license for the past 7 years. The thing you're failing to keep in mind is that autism doesn't just affect social skills, it affects situational awareness. Whenever I'm in any sort of situation that requires any sort of external focus, I have to constantly fight the almost overwhelming urge to get lost inside my own head and start daydreaming; because of this, I've routinely missed stopped signs and gone as low as 25 miles below the speed limit because I can't help spacing out. This has not changed over the past 7 years.

Then there's also the issue of non-verbal communication involved in driving: I can never tell what other drivers are planning to do in any given situation without whoever's in the car with me telling me. This has also not changed over the past 7 years.

I'd say 1 out of every 5 driving attempts I make, I narrowly avoid getting in a serious accident because of these things.
>>
File: 1475947275555.jpg (86KB, 692x960px) Image search: [Google]
1475947275555.jpg
86KB, 692x960px
I only read autism. Get on my level; I'm a high functioning sociopath. knife knife knife
>>
>>17670542
Killing or hurting other people will only lead to regret, guilt, and wanting to kill myself.
>>
>>17670475
>Being born diagnosed with High Functioning Autism is a hopeless case. Your cursed from an early age with social anxiety and being an awkward nutcase, plus you'll never be able to achieve the ideals of society like dating a really pretty girl.

If you let your diagnosis define you as a person, you've already lost.
>>
File: bandOfGypsys-Downloaded.jpg (12KB, 400x371px) Image search: [Google]
bandOfGypsys-Downloaded.jpg
12KB, 400x371px
Just because you have autism doesn't mean you're fucked for life bro. I am introverted af but I still have alot of friends and am able to do awesome teamwork for projects at my job. Love life right now and am moving into my own house soon. Just focus on learning who you are, not what you feel people judge you as whether they do or not. If you keep doubting yourself you will always have a hovering feeling of hopelessness, which is the leading cause of depression (duh). How does one get rid of hopeless feelings? Instead of criticizing yourself destructively at least do it constructively. Do you hate making that weird twitch when being around people? Then stop doing it, play piano with your toes. Feel you don't have enough friends? Open up with an ice breaker. Feel you get frustrated easily? Take annoying things as a chance to train your patience. I work in a call center basically and take shit from people every day, but I am still able to see the positive effect of getting most people happy that their issues are resolved while having a good chat. Everyone at my job is always saying I'm doing good and give pats on the back and shite. Take any constructive criticism as a chance to grow yourself instead of imploding like a fucking neutron star. Goodluck anon
>>
>>17670848
This reasoning simply amounts to "ignore it" but in reality mental illnesses and conditions do define people. They may not fully define who someone is, but you can't just keep calm and carry on either.
>>
My father, grand-grandfather and grandmother were also autistic.
They could not shut the fuck up about the most inane bullshit. They could not emotionally connect with people. They could not hold an interesting and natural flowing conversation worth a shit.
They just sat there like dumb neets in the corner while everyone else was talking.

I hate them to hell. I can't have a life, a family, I can't use my own genes to have a child.
This is hell.

But still. They were excellent drivers. They could focus properly when it came to technical jobs, but to something which required intelligence they were completely out of the loop.
I'm a great driver, but... it stresses me, my heart beat raises and I automatically get insanely focused on the road, but I cannot enjoy it worth a damn. Driving is boring, stressful and a pain in the ass.
>>
>>17671355

Well, I'd wager that you have ignoring it, becoming it, and ideally- accepting it.

If you always focus on one thing, it becomes the centre of your life. This whole story is about OP's autism, and it doesn't have to happen. You can be depressed or feel suicidal despite autism.

If you have it, autism is part of your identity, and there's no running from that. The same way that matters like, having blonde hair, being left handed, being depressed, contribute to you. You can literally allow one aspect of your personality to become you.

Importantly, it's good to think about what barriers you set yourself. Things like "I'm depressed and nothing works" basically say "I am my depression and nothing can change it".

>Your cursed from an early age with social anxiety and being an awkward nutcase, plus you'll never be able to achieve the ideals of society like dating a really pretty girl.

Mate, life is what you make it. You can whine that you didn't get all the parts, or you can make the best of what you have. You have a lot of good things going for you, focus more on them. Don't let yourself make autism a barrier that you'll never overcome. There are always ways to work on things, and you'll be fine.

FYI, a lot of what you've written OP could fit many non-autistic people too. Don't blame it all on el autismo.
>>
File: 1467917942555.jpg (2MB, 3000x2036px) Image search: [Google]
1467917942555.jpg
2MB, 3000x2036px
>>17670475
You are autisms bitch. Why have you let that happen?
>>
>>17670475
I typed out a big message about how things can get better, but I decided to say fuck it and give it to you straight. I'm not going to be big bad Mr. Cop to tell you weed is bad, but you seem to be running from your issues. Don't let drugs be your escape. I was diagnosed as high functioning at a young age and it's difficult. I get that. But through personal development you can get to better places in your life. Being quiet and antisocial is fine. Don't let anyone tell you different. All you need to worry about is improving your personality and the people will come to you.
>>
I have aspergers, not sure if I can help, but I guess I can at least try.

From what you have written the main problem I see is that you desperately try to be a normie. Why? There's so much more out there you can do, all you archive with being a normie is fitting into society which you won't manage anyway. Not saying you should become a /a/ or /jp/ faggot, but at least try to go into a direction you enjoy.

Also, weed is not the solution. You sound as if it is something that you expect - there are certain disorders where it helps, autism isn't one of them.

>>17671526
Basically this, especially
>Being quiet and antisocial is fine.
>>
>>17670475
>>17671650
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.