[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate eating alone. I can't stand it. It makes me feel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 1296961901903.jpg (54KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1296961901903.jpg
54KB, 640x480px
I hate eating alone. I can't stand it. It makes me feel like a failure.

At home, it feels like a complete waste of time to bother cooking for just one person.Still, I can distract myself by watching TV or surfing the internet while I eat, but while I'm out I can't avoid it. Eating out is the worst, I feel like everyone knows I'm a loser. Sometimes I just eat a granola bar or skip a meal altogether rather than deal with that feeling.

Does anyone else ever feel like this? How do I deal with it? Just power through?
>>
File: Cathedral.jpg (334KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
Cathedral.jpg
334KB, 1280x853px
You are way way way too worried about this, in most contexts eating alone is normal and no one thinks twice about it. Cooking for yourself should be an enjoyable experience, not a chore. If you learn to actually cook something enjoyable it becomes a thing you look forward to doing and not something to get out of the way.

But in the end, it all circles back to the idea that this bothers you immensely for some reason, which means that you should probably relax and stop worrying about what some random stranger thinks of you.
>>
>>17670306
Well, now that I think about it, I may actually dislike eating at home alone and eating out for different reasons. Sitting at my table eating by myself every single day just really seems to drive home how lonely I am. I actually do like to cook, but for other people. It doesn't feel like it's worth the effort if it's just for me.

For eating out, you're right, there's no way random people are watching me eat and judging me. Still, you really don't see that many people eating alone at restaurants. I feel like the odd one out, even if I know it's not that strange.
>>
File: Winston Payne.jpg (49KB, 350x750px) Image search: [Google]
Winston Payne.jpg
49KB, 350x750px
>>17670359

People don't eat alone in fancy restaurants, but it's perfectly normal to see people eating alone in food courts, fast food places, cafes, and other low-budget eateries. No one considers it strange.

If the underlying problem is loneliness, then what you need to tackle is that, and the anxiety it's causing in your daily life. I could write a big ass post about making friends but I already did so in another thread, and chances are you would do better going to therapy.
>>
>>17670296
Why not talk to a therapist about this? This might seem like a problem /adv/ cant fully help with in one thread. A continuous support system and to look into the root of why you hate eating alone.

How many bros and sisters did you have growing up with?
>>
>he hates eating comfortably in peace
Wat
>>
>>17670369
I had a younger brother. My family always ate together. Even when I went off to college, I had enough friends around that it was rare I was both eating alone and not too busy to care.

>Why not talk to a therapist about this?
I guess I probably should find a therapist at some point. 90% of my problems are probably just symptoms of my depression.
>>
>>17670296
My family never had family dinners really so I am used to eating alone .
>>
>>17670296

what you think is not reality. there is no failure in eating alone. on the contrary, you shouldn't even turn down an opportunity to treat yourself even when its alone. make something you REALLY like (within reason health wise) every night that you can. why not? you only live once. enjoy your self.

no one gives a fuck. 99% of my meals are alone and im happy af.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.