[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you meet new people? I'm lonely and have no friends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5

File: 1474478614762.jpg (118KB, 740x960px) Image search: [Google]
1474478614762.jpg
118KB, 740x960px
How do you meet new people? I'm lonely and have no friends and just want to meet people but I don't know how.
>>
>>17670252
Clubs.

Join one.

Or get one.
>>
File: Chinchou.png (48KB, 692x454px) Image search: [Google]
Chinchou.png
48KB, 692x454px
This is probably one of the three most popular questions on /adv/.

People on /adv/ believe that one day they will magically meet people who match with them in interests and personalities, they will immediately click, and form a super-cool squad that no one can break up. This is false.

Friendships are built on time spent together in the same place. People make friends in school, college and work because they are forced to be in the same physical space for a lot of time. These are the prime places for you to make friends simply by exposing yourself to others, making yourself available, and talking.

In order to successfully make friends you need to lose fear of rejection or embarrassment. If you are an awkward person, be an awkward person. A lot of people don't care, some even find it cute.

If you are not studying or working, it is necessary for you to get out of the house simply on account that you will never meet someone new sitting in your room. (You can try online meetups but 99% of people end up flaking, and the other 1% live on the other side of the world.) People meet friends by going to yoga classes, punk concerts, dog-walking parks, whatever. But it's important to keep in mind that this happens after repeated instances, rarely on the first try.

So basically:

1. You need to keep going at it.
2. It won't happen the first time.
3. Friends aren't forever. People's situations and interests change and they make new friends. There is nothing wrong with this.
>>
>>17670262
What if you don't have any classes or places to go after classes? Nowhere you're "forced" to be stuck together I mean.
>>
File: Lotus.jpg (116KB, 800x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Lotus.jpg
116KB, 800x1080px
>>17670308

If you don't interact with people at all in your day-to-day life, you cannot be expected to make friends. If you don't study or work, you need to sign up for some kind of activity that involves other people. That's the whole point.
>>
apply to college, that's what i did. i was "normie" when i was younger but i flopped school and ended up staying at home doing fuck all and talking to nobody for literally 2 years, but i applied to go back into education and now i've got a bunch of friends and colleagues who i'm always talking to or interacting with in some way.
>>
File: 478325388.jpg (56KB, 488x960px) Image search: [Google]
478325388.jpg
56KB, 488x960px
>>17670252
Pete,kill me

>Go out
>do things you like
>come in contact with people with similar interests as you
>develop bonds with people with similar interests as you
>profit???
>>
>>17670312
I can't say I have anything in particular I really WANT to do, at least that's accessible, any suggestions for activities that might encourage communication?

>>17670314
I'm in college, but have failed to make friends in classes and clubs so far, and for the latter I've already been to all those that I'm interested in. I have met a couple of people I'm on good terms with, but none of us are close and clubs are usually infrequent enough that I don't feel like I'm getting any closer to anyone despite my efforts, and it'd be awkward to invite them to hang out.
>>
File: Town night.jpg (607KB, 1024x678px)
Town night.jpg
607KB, 1024x678px
Your whole post can be summed up as "I could do it, but I don't want to." This is the hurdle you need get over in order to face the initial awkwardness and potential embarrassment. If you don't act, you are guaranteed to not succeed.

As for what I recommend, it depends on your interests. If you wanna get in shape, go to the gym or sign for classes in something, if you wanna learn a new skill or language sign up for that, there are probably more things going on in your area than you realize because you haven't looked into them.

The point is to go in with willingness to interact and no expectations. You have to be willing to face rejection or simply indifference, and you have to be willing to keep trying. Also don't immediately label and discard people just because they don't look like someone you could be friends, every one of my best friends started off as a person I thought I wouldn't like.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.