[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm working part time at a fast food restaurant and it fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1388337001095.png (46KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1388337001095.png
46KB, 250x250px
I'm working part time at a fast food restaurant and it fucking sucks, the people suck, I feel like I'm not useful, the pressure is ridiculous, and everyone tries their damn hardest to make me feel like shit. Also I stay there 12 hours a day because the breaks don't allow me to go home.
Meanwhile I found a new, better paying, more rewarding job and despite being full time, doesn't force me to be in a mall for 12 fucking hours.
This is all fine, and I'm really happy, but according to the contract I need to go to that shit job for two more weeks. And honestly I can't take it anymore.
Should I just call in tomorrow and tell them I'll never appear again? I want to enjoy two weeks of being a shut-in again, like I used to, before having to be social again.
What would really happen if I did that? I don't mind not getting paid if it means leaving that shithole, I just don't want my coworkers/bosses contacting my next employers and tell them I quit early. I'm terrified of being blacklisted in the job market.

tldr; should I quit my shitty job tomorrow without any prior warning?
>>
Contract with who? Are you sure it's not just a note about 2 weeks notice to the old employer? If you didn't blab about your new work to your fast food place you should be good. You might lose them as a reference for future jobs but almost no one gives a shit about fast food restaurants because everyone has been there and done that.
>>
Just leave man, quit the job. You have every single right to quit it, you can't get black listed for that. I say you should do it.
>>
>>17670210
It's tempting to quit right there and then but believe me you need to go for the long run, not just for the money but to prove to yourself that even though you hated that fucking job you did your time and buried it.
>>
Ask to take your two weeks notice as holidays instead.
>>
>>17670210
If ur gonna quit dont say shit turn ur phone off let them suffer
>>
>>17670210
I used to work in a fast food chain too. Hated it, even though I only go once a week to work. We also had a 2-week notice before leaving, but I called in sick, then just disappeared. I know they can easily replace me anyway.

I say if you need them for reference, do the 2-weeks. If you don't need them for future reference, then just leave.
>>
>>17670210

If you feel you aren't useful then don't bother calling them or showing up. They will just change the schedule around a bit and someone will cover your hours. However, if they really need you then I would just talk to the manager and give a notice. But if you really only have to work 2 more weeks then just suck it up and do it... Tell yourself that it is temporary.

I have been working in the same burger restaurant for 6 years now and it has taught me a lot about the world. From interacting with customers, employees, how the industry works, how to deal with assholes, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I still hate my job and feel like killing myself every time I come home. But at least I make that minimum wage and hopefully one day when I do get a better job I will look back and be proud of all the hardship i went through
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.