[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How fucked am i? i was convinced to drop out to of high school

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: killme.jpg (45KB, 679x482px) Image search: [Google]
killme.jpg
45KB, 679x482px
How fucked am i?

i was convinced to drop out to of high school to get my GED at 16 because it would look good on a resume.

Nobody wants to hire me because i cant get experience because i have a GED, and ive been turned down for volunteer work everywhere i have applied to.

Too poor for college and Don't want to die paying debt.

Am i retarded? did i miss something?

An Hero or no?
>>
>>17669544
Definitely retarded...good luck, don't an hero thats for pussies
>>
>>17669544
You fucked up pretty hard by dropping out of high school, but with a GED you should still be hirable at most minimum wage jobs. If you dont have a job right now apply to one of those and you could work your way into a higher position, for example in a supermarket you could start as a cashier, become a CSR then a night time manager after about 2 years working at that store. Its also possible to save up for a while and try for an Associates at a community college, its not much but it should give you more options. Good luck, pal.
>>
>>17669544
I'm curious, what kind of job were you after that made you think a high school dropout would look good?
>>
>>17669544

>i was convinced to drop out to of high school to get my GED at 16 because it would look good on a resume.

lol wut
>>
>>17669544
Who convinced you to drop out?
>>
>>17670507
>>17670558
No job in mind, my parents convinced me it was a good idea at the time.
>>
>>17670746
>Your parents

Y tho? Why would they convince you to do such a thing?
>>
>>17670746
holy fuck, must have terrible parents
>>
>>17670755
>>17670754
I honestly cannot understand why, maybe they were worried I wasn't going to graduate or something, but I had pretty average grades so.
>>
>>17670765
I can't imagine them telling you to drop out because of grades. Even with average grades, or worse, you can still graduate
>>
i'm confused, how is having a ged any worse than being a highschool graduate. i've never had anyone look into my highschool education beyond what they see on my resume.
>>
Not retarded, although it was ill advised to not graduate properly.

GEDs are equivalents for a reason though, and certain employers out there will overlook it if you bring more to the table than raw skill. Cooperation, team work, confidence, people skills, etc. I have a GED and I'm making $17/hr (tidy enough living, not a millionaire but I get by), working in the blue collar industry. I'm sure you hear this all the time but machine operators make a pretty tidy sum, and when you're in that environment no one really cares how much "book learnin" you had. They want experience, and entry level machine operating positions are out there if you know who to talk to (employment agencies!). If I were you, I'd go to an agency and tell them you'll work any job they give to you. It shows humility and initiative. And if you can, try to aim for positions where your supervisor is a good ol boy. Most times they're more forgiving about education stuff, if you're polite and you don't try to condescend to them about ANYTHING.
>>
>>17670813
thanks man, ill try that.
>>
Well it depends on what you want to do in life. Fucking SRV can drop out but only because he spent his whole life playing guitar and worked hard to become a successful musician. Other people like to go to school to succeed. It's all relative. If you got no cash join the library and study books there, or join a club that offers skills training. Get skills, work hard, save your money when you can. Most importantly be happy. I HATED high school, and I withdrew but was able to go into an equivalence program that was not considered a GED but a high school diploma. The difference was that I gained technical skills while attending, not just cramming down bullshit paperwork. I didn't enjoy college so I withdrew from there as well. I love my job and am moving into my own fucking home in january, fuck rent and fuck being dependent on people. Make your own life, play guitar, find an awesome person to share your life with, read a book, go outside, don't stay online unless you're studying up. Go to a small college if you need to, but find something you like. Staying at home alone will be a breeding ground for depression. Good luck anon, make your life worth something and fuck everything else lol
>>
>>17670802
>i'm confused, how is having a ged any worse than being a highschool graduate.

Generally a GED is seen as below a regular High School Diploma. It's also a potential sign of lax work ethic. You can't even enlist with a GED, USMC doesn't except GED at all and the other branches all require college credit hours.
>>
Don't listen to the fucks who say you shouldn't have dropped out.

You make your own fucking success in life, if you actually care you will succeed, if you don't you will fail.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.